how are FIT's measured?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androidlee

Reaction score
i.e what security is in place for metering generated units?

inverters don't have tamper seals and aren't read by the dno so whats to stop fraud?

oh dear.

array

isolator

inverter

isolator

db

wrong then?

so if a meter was fitted who would read it? how?

Last edited by a moderator:
read that ok meter has to meet criteria.

but whats the system of getting readings by whom etc

It's in there somewhere Steps, but doesn't say who should seal it :^O

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:36 ----------

read that ok meter has to meet criteria.but whats the system of getting readings by whom etc
What's the knubb of what's on your mind??

oh dear. array

isolator

inverter

isolator

db
Who fitted your system if you don't appear to have a generation meter?

Are you actually registered with anyone for your feed in tariff?

There is also I believe a "sanity check" done with meter readings. In my agreement there is a phrase that says something like "if the meter readings fail validation....."

When you register the system it has a quoted estimated generation capacity, and I think that clause is there to catch people fiddling the system. (I read talk on one (not electrical) forum of people building DC power supplies to feed into the inverter overnight to increase the apparent amount of generated electricity)

wrong then?

so if a meter was fitted who would read it? how?

just that homesun could say to the fits payer it produced more than it did

and/or the internal inverter meter is overly generous. no meter just a gsm/sim dialer

the inverter is on the roof too so no meter man ever getting up there

just that homesun could say to the fits payer it produced more than it didand/or the internal inverter meter is overly generous. no meter just a gsm/sim dialer

the inverter is on the roof too so no meter man ever getting up there
You need to explain more.

Is Homesun one of those companies that supplies the kit for free and they get the money? or did you pay for it to be installed and you get the money?

The inverter won't be on the roof. Inside the loft perhaps, but not on it.

yes dave free fitits on the roof
Well if it's a free fit, the company supplying it get the FIT payment.

You just benefit from free electricity while it's generating.

So I would say it's not your problem to worry about the meter readings. If they have done it wrong, it's their problem to sort out.

It is an interesting situation. they appear to be relying on the inverters metering and it dialing in it's reading to them. So they never actually read a real meter, and it sounds like there isn't a real meter fitted.

so surely they are breaking the rules, but as I say it's their problem not yours.

yeah not my prob or install dave i just wanted to find the way it works

and quite surprised about the metering and seemingly lack of fraud prevention such as dno/fit authority sealing/reading

Most likely senario is that the meter is also next the to inverter. then the gsm monitor connects to the inverter for faults and gen info and it also connects to the meter (pulsed output meters only) to record the Actual generation to date.

Latest posts