Warning - take care if dealing with this company

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year, a company called "Delta express services" in Northampton went into receivership - and didn`t pay their contractors` outstanding invoices :( (including mine).

At the end of January, they were "reborn" - apparently bought up by someone else, but still trading under the same name.

They`ve contacted me again, asking me to do some work for them - I tackled them about the unpaid invoice - " That was a different company"..........

Well no, it wasn`t. I`ve made it clear I won`t do more work for them until the last invoice is paid.

As I understand it, other sub-contractors have said the same thing; so they may be looking for new people to do work for them.

I would advise extreme care if you deal with them, and ensure they are aware of terms & conditions of your company - I didn`t have a T&C policy when I became a sub for them; and never got round to updating them.......if I had, I could have reclaimed my materials from the shop where they were fitted ]:)

KME

What type of work do they do ???
Almost all the work has been maintenance on commercial premises - replacing faulty fluorescents, fault finds, emergency calls etc.

Kerch - Never heard of TUPE - I`ll look into that - thanks mate - scoobed appropriately for that ;)

KME - if you look on their website they are registered with Companies House as "PROPERTY REPAIRS AND INSTALLATIONS LIMITED" trading as Delta Express Services

Free company financial check on PROPERTY REPAIRS AND INSTALLATIONS LIMITED. Free company accounts. Companies House information

The old company is in liquidation

Free company financial check on DELTA EXPRESS SERVICES LTD. Free company accounts. Companies House information

The TUPE regs seem to apply more to existing employees

Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck and hope you didn't lose too much money

Aye, but in the same building, with the same staff, same clients..............fishy. Looks like they wanted to cut their losses to me.

As you say, it appears to protect employees more; but we can but try..

And no, it was less than

I have done work for them in the past, they had contracts for shop maintenance with Milletts and H Samuals, found them so slow in paying up and then only after several reminders I gave them a miss a while ago, looks like it was a good decision.

Although a different company im having problems getting paid by mondial lighting In Leeds I did a report for them 4 weeks ago and still haven't been paid don't do anything for them they don't like parting with money

In fact in case they are a member I've sent the legal notice of further proceedings if the bills not paid by Tuesday next week mondial lighting will be meeting a judge :slap

The f`in PV company might just pay today - they want us to revisit a job urgently; and I`ve refused to move "paying customers" ( they don`t know any different) when there is an outstanding invoice from 24th Feb!!!!!

It wasn`t paid last week, `cos the bossman was in Crete. bar stewards, the lot of `em!!!!! :(

The f`in PV company might just pay today - they want us to revisit a job urgently; and I`ve refused to move "paying customers" ( they don`t know any different) when there is an outstanding invoice from 24th Feb!!!!!It wasn`t paid last week, `cos the bossman was in Crete. bar stewards, the lot of `em!!!!! :(
I presume this is the job you emailed to me?

NO!!!!

This is another job; which we set up a visit for, then the customer cancelled last minute, `cos he was off to scotland for a week - he could have stayed there, as far as I`m concerned! Now he wants us to attend him urgently. Welllllll.........he knows what its like to "want" then, doesn`t he?

For Reference this company is now trading under the name of AMBER PROPERTY MAINTENANCE LTD. if you would like to persue any further correspondance.

Amber Property Maintenance Ltd
Unit 2 Millbrook Close,
Northampton
NN5 5JF

Phone: 01604 582418

They have traded previously under the following names:

D.E.S.

Retail Design

Delta Ltd.

Property Repairs and Installations

They have the SAME directors, alternating.

Large companies WILL NOT deal with them as they fail current credit and background checks

They employ the same staff use the same office and will not repay the contractors when their business fails.

Deborah Dunkley is often the primary Director, the other Directors name is Alan Dunkley

uk DOT linkedin DOT com/pub/deborah-dunkley/5a/145/501

References:

w w w DOT companiesintheuk DOT co DOT uk/director/4194526/deborah-dunkley

w w w DOT duedil DOT com/director/913191391/deborah-dunkley

wck2 DOT companieshouse DOT gov DOT uk//compdetails

Please distribute the above factual public information.

I wish that I'd seen this thread before getting involved with these people!

To add to the above info, the current director of this company is Jennifer Dunkley.

My own (far too late) research found that Deborah Dunkley has been disqualified by law from being a director until 2017 (under CDDA 1986 S7, due to unfitness) which I believe prevents her from being in any way involved, either directly or indirectly, with the management or promotion of any company until the disqualification ends.

Hopefully this helps stop anybody else from being burned by these guys.

Brian D

I know I don't have enough posts yet, but I've linked a screenshot from Mint regarding the former directors disqualification mentioned above:

w w w (dot) i60 (dot) tinypic (dot) com (/) w0nbf5 (dot) jpg

Hope this helps somebody out there.

BrianD

I know I don't have enough posts yet, but I've linked a screenshot from Mint regarding the former directors disqualification mentioned above:
w0nbf5.jpg