chicken attack

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
morning ,

unfortunatly we had a chicken escape this morning and the dog set to it ... its has a few injuries to its comb and wattles but there nothing major... the main problem is under its wing where the dog has had hold of it...it has ripped the skin quite badly about an inch squre i looks like there is no injury to the mucle under it .

what is the best thing to do ?

many thanks

Dan

Hello Dan,

Chicken skin is quite thin and tears easily. The injuries sound quite 'mendable' but the wound would require stitching and a course of antibiotics would be in order. It depends really how far you want to take things with a chicken. When my little dog has done the same I have practised the technique of neck elongation to good effect. If the other chickens get the sight of the wound they could peck her to death :(

Hello Dan,Chicken skin is quite thin and tears easily. The injuries sound quite 'mendable' but the wound would require stitching and a course of antibiotics would be in order. It depends really how far you want to take things with a chicken. When my little dog has done the same I have practised the technique of neck elongation to good effect. If the other chickens get the sight of the wound they could peck her to death :(
Poor dog :)

not sure but on a working farm they would kill the bird and feed it to the dogs ????

may not be the ideal in this situation though

not sure but on a working farm they would kill the bird and feed it to the dogs ????may not be the ideal in this situation though
if i did this the dog will think its a treat ... and there for try and do it again... i can not blame her though , its just dogs being dogs i guess