Oven cutting out when gets to heat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkayelectrical

Reaction score
Hi guys not used to ovens,

Got one ita cutting out when gets to heat I don't think its the temperature probe as there voltage in and out of it,

There seems to be voltage going to the cooling fan,

If there's voltage goin to the fan should it run or is there some thing else that's turns it on een though there's voltage there?

Is it one of those turbo ovens where the heat cuts out

and the fan starts, then the stat cuts the fan and puts

the heat back on?

The fan remains on while the oven is below the setting

temperature and the element is off.

Well when it gets to 100 deg or so it cuts off and a few mins later it comes back on automatically I did notice the fan on top didn't kick I at all

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:56 ----------

Has one of these on the top had voltage going to it but didn't seem to kick in whole I was trying wondering if this would cause the problem

Genuine Fan Motor - Cooling | BuySpares

If it`s a built-in oven you may find that the over-temperature cut-out mounted on top of the oven (within the oven casing) is cutting out due to the heat build-up caused by the case cooling fan not working.

It's the temperature thermostat that's cutting out on you.Take help with any experience holder person and explain your problem and he will point you in the right direction.

You dont mention what make or model oven you are asking about. I also now see this was some months ago. For reference I recently had a Bosch oven which cut out after 20 mins or so. There was a small device connected to the timer with silicon insulated wires and a small package approx 20mmx6mm this I found out told the timer to shut down the elements. It was a safety device which preevented the oven overheating if the cooling fan failed (which it hadn't) I replaced

Latest posts