Beko oven fan cutting out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Dunstan

Reaction score
Hi, I have just had my parents old beko oven. Was ok for a week then we noticed the main fan that heats the oven cutting out (mainly at 200c but have noticed it lower temps also. The element still gets red hot.... Was told over the phone by an engineer that it maybe the motor. So I purchased a new motor. But still seems to be cutting out...Once it has cut out. I have to let the oven completely cool down before the fan will start up again. Seems to make a buzzing sound, you see it trying to go around.

before it stops does it make a noise as though something is catching it? may be very little clearence, oven heats up, metal expands and stops fan. cools down, contracts, fan is now free

although if it is that, i wouldnt expect the fan to last very long

Beko don`t normally have a "board" handling the fan (unless its touch control, or digital) - its a standard induction fan (usually), run from 240VAC, which is simply switched in & out by the programmer.

Thing to do is wire an AC voltmeter across the motor terminals (if you are confident & competent to do this), and see if the fan slows / stops due to a supply reduction; or if there is still full voltage to the fan when it stalls.

The circular elements don`t tend to last very long if the fan isn`t cooling them through airflow. It would help to know the model of oven involved.

Or..

short answer..

If its BEKO.....

scrap it.. don't waste any more time or money on it..

and get a better brand of oven.!

p.s.

welcome to the forumbulator!

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

I was being polite O)
You been off to etiquette training school then Slip Slap....

Trying to get ready to impress all the foreign visitors during the Olympics?

??
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

:coat

Beko don`t normally have a "board" handling the fan (unless its touch control, or digital) - its a standard induction fan (usually), run from 240VAC, which is simply switched in & out by the programmer.Thing to do is wire an AC voltmeter across the motor terminals (if you are confident & competent to do this), and see if the fan slows / stops due to a supply reduction; or if there is still full voltage to the fan when it stalls.

The circular elements don`t tend to last very long if the fan isn`t cooling them through airflow. It would help to know the model of oven involved.
Thanks for the reply. Model number is OIF 21300. Got an engineer coming around today...But over the phone he wasn't sure what it was as like others I have spoken to he would have changed the fan.