which tester???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTI sparks

Reaction score
Alright all.. I'm looking to buy me a tester.. Problem is price and vast options.. I've worked with megger and fluke and I prefer megger any day of the week.. But people say otherwise.. If you do recommend megger which series?

Cheers

Testers will always come down to personal choice and what you are comfortable in using. If your in the market for a new one and want some sound unbiased advise (even though he sells them) then speak to one of our outstanding forum sponsors Megger Mark, affectionately known as MM.

Hi,

Having done much research into which tester to buy, I contacted megger mark and he was extremely helpful and patient. I thought I had a reasonable idea of which model to buy, however, Mark has a working knowledge of the reliability, servicing and calibration side of things for each make, which I had no idea about.

Mark has outstanding knowledge and is super-helpful !

I also like the fluke.

Whichever you decide on megger mark and megger mike will do you a great deal.

actually, if you have done a short course the best tool/tester you could get is a NEON screwdriver and remove the resistor, its makes it more accurate.!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:14 ----------

but only do this if you actually are an electrician, DIYers should NEVER perform this, it could prove dangerous if you dont fully understand what you are doing!