ProAction A105Q Washing Machine Going over Expected time on wash

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules2012

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a ProAction A105Q Washing Machine from Argos, which is a week old. I paid to have it installed properly by the Argos installers / delivery people.

But from the first wash it went on for nearly 4 hours instead of 1 hour 23 minutes. It is still the same now on ALL cylce types, both time and fabric types.

I know it is under manufacturers guarantee, but does anyone know of what the proble is and what the solution is too, please?

Not having a house phone, I had to call the number on the receipt (as told to do by Argos), from a payphone. But I was kept on hold and with my money being eaten away, I had to hang up as I had run out of money. (bllody 0845 number).

My Daughter will ring for me, when the issues she is having with her landline are sorted. :_|

Your input would be appreciated,

Jules.

The only problem that I have had similar to this was with an older machine when we moved house.

After a little bit of detective work I found that when I refitted/plumbed it that I had pushed the outlet pipe too far down the stand pipe, I pulled it out a little and it worked perfectly!

Check the above first, if that does not resolve the problem then contact Argos again and demand immediate action to rectify any possible faults.

like the bank, but if you look carefully enough they give you a different number to call from overseas, simply ring that number, sooooooooo much cheaper if on a mobile, and if you get free minutes it will be included in them. :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:11 ----------

ARGOS

Hi all,I bought a ProAction A105Q Washing Machine from Argos, which is a week old. I paid to have it installed properly by the Argos installers / delivery people.

But from the first wash it went on for nearly 4 hours instead of 1 hour 23 minutes. It is still the same now on ALL cylce types, both time and fabric types.

I know it is under manufacturers guarantee, but does anyone know of what the proble is and what the solution is too, please?

Not having a house phone, I had to call the number on the receipt (as told to do by Argos), from a payphone. But I was kept on hold and with my money being eaten away, I had to hang up as I had run out of money. (bllody 0845 number).

My Daughter will ring for me, when the issues she is having with her landline are sorted. :_|

Your input would be appreciated,

Jules.
Was it purchased on-line or at a store? If a store I would go back to the store and tell them to come back and collect it and get your money back as it is not fit for purpose. Then purchase something else from a different outlet as they cannot seem to offer reasonable phone line support.

Doc H.