Looking for information regarding any apprenticeships and what's the best way to make contact with a company.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig m

Reaction score
Hello,

my name is Craig and I am looking for anybody that can help me with companies taking on apprentices or if you yourself is taking on if you own a company, In the region of central Scotland , Also any information on the best way to make contact with a company.

I have also past the industries pre-employment assessment : SECTT (Scottish electrical charitable training trust).

Many thanks to any replies.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is hard times at the moment for all trades. Make sure you have a well written CV, it may be short if your only 16 or 17 but the information is vital, ask the charitable trust if they can help you with this. Ask if your teachers could give you a character reference to include in your CV pack. Send your CV and a covering letter to all the companies around you and be prepared for many a knock back.

Get in touch with any local training scheme that offer apprentice placements, sometimes larger employers will use these training centres for recruitment.Finally good luck, and get some good advise for your CV and covering letter.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is hard times at the moment for all trades. Make sure you have a well written CV, it may be short if your only 16 or 17 but the information is vital, ask the charitable trust if they can help you with this. Ask if your teachers could give you a character reference to include in your CV pack. Send your CV and a covering letter to all the companies around you and be prepared for many a knock back.Get in touch with any local training scheme that offer apprentice placements, sometimes larger employers will use these training centres for recruitment.Finally good luck, and get some good advise for your CV and covering letter.
Thanks for the help, unfortunately not many companies have got back to me at the moment, but I will certainly look into a training scheme.

thanks for the help and info.