C&G 2396 - Design of Electrical Installations - Level 4

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried entering postcode but it never worked, I'll try and call C&G. It may be too early to do the course anyways and just me getting ahead of myself but I like the mathematics of it all.

C&G 2396L4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations

Has anybody here completed this course?  I would welcome any information.  I have found a company doing this course for £700 to be completed over 6 days and exam in June 2013. 

Last edited by a moderator:
jphn,

The centre I work for offers this, but it is in South Wales!

Not sure of the cost.

No I've not done, it, I did its predecessor.

I did the predecessor course when it was only classed as NVQ level 3. Was OK and learnt quite a bit but the tutor was useless and i pretty much taught myself from reviewing past exam papers. Not sure how i passed at all. There was coursework to do and the tutor was useless with that too. That was with Connaught electrical who have gone bust since then. Its a good course to get you an insight into the design process if you are a one man band doing small installs. I'm now doing a degree in building services engineering which should give more scope.

Sorry sidewinder, very true. Do you know if there is much differentce in the course content between the level 3 and level 4. I remember when I did it, the tutors all said it should be a level 4 qualification then.

There is one training center in London that provides 2396 courses now. It is in whaltamstow and it is called PTCEL

Latest posts