albino black rat snake not eating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbeb

Reaction score
hi my albino black rat snake is not eating , i offer her mice each week .

iv had her for 1 month and she ate on the day i had her 3rd june 2012 , she hasnt eaten since and she hasnt shed.

i had her on a red bulb wen i 1st had her and 2 weeks after i put her in her viv at mine the red bulb blew and i pit a green bulb in as no pet shop had a red bulb in that day , does it matter about the light as she is a albino black rat snake?

i need help im running out of things to try

email me A.S.A.P

[email protected]

bbeb,

Welcome to the forum.

Our vet will be along shortly, I'm sure, however, I believe he is not a reptile expert.

I hasten to add, neither am I, however, I have had a yellow rat snake, an amelistic corn snake, a leopard gecko, and we currently have a bearded dragon (called Norbert after Harry Potter!).

Both of our snakes would not eat after we got them home for some weeks.

Many snakes don't, I'm told, is she thin?

Does she drink, is she reasonably well looking?

I would look at getting the correct lamp to give the right level of UV & IR to the critter to be honest.

What are you feeding her on?

Pinkies, Fluffies, small?

Change her lamp back to red ASAP. Most reps hate change like that especially snakes! It may also be that she isn't able to absorp the heat from the green lamp to help her digest her food in this case this is why she is refusing the food!

What substrate do you have her on? If its loose chippings or sand of also remove this for the time being to rule out any impactions possibility!

Failing that send fecal samples in to PALS (pin moor animal Lab Services ( or ur local vet) this will determine any Parasitic probs

Hope that helps

Latest posts