Starting college

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairyspark

Reaction score
Im starting college soon and I was wondering what do I need to take with me? Do I need to buy notebooks an stuff like that? A don't want to turn up on my first day with folders and notebooks and look like a numpty but I also don't want to look like a numpty without them lol also do I need to take my own tools when the practical work starts or do the have like "college tools"? I know I might seem like a numpty for asking this lol but just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Bobby

The college I went to supplied all the tools for practical lessons, but if your used to your own tools you can take your own in.

I would take an A4 pad for your notes, pens, pencils, highlighter pens, different coloured crayons for wiring diagrams, scientific calculator, ruler, protractor, stencil, etc

All of they above but also 4 hardback note books. Each teacher will cover different things so in order to keep that info separate so you know.

Been a while since I did college....

but....

re tools:-

If you are trying to terminate a cable it is far better to use your own that you have cherished and looked after..

than some bit of tat that 100's of other ex-students have butchered about..

So the essential cutters, pliers, selection of screwdrivers I would take my own if I was going.

(DON'T lend them to ANYONE though!!!!)

In my day some lectures liked giving out copious notes...

Other liked making you write copious notes!!!!

So you will be an idjut not to have some paper to write on!

Guinness

Thanks for all your answers, ive been to the shops and got some A4 note books various pens, pencils, scientific calculator and even a box of crayons lol and as for the tools, i'll be taking my own essentials and keeping them on my persons at all times, whilst im here i was looking at a belt pouch lol, too much?

Several A4 Binders and a hole punch to keep al the stuff separate, also BS7671, onsite guide, scientific calculator, USB stick and about 50 quid for a few other basic books.

I've got 1 A4 binders and I have poly pockets to keep things separate and as far as i know all my books are provided to me by SECTT correct me if I'm wrong, and I think the college give you a small USB stick as a few of my friends have ones from the college.

Yes sparkybob, you will be fine with what you have bought. The college will give you course notes and usually supply a USB stick as well.

Latest posts