Yorkshire Terrier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewy67

Reaction score
hello

My Yorkshire Terrier had bit of her skin scrapped/peeled off, near the bottom of her lips/jaws and i was wondering whether it will grow back or not and what should i do? will it get infected ?

IMG00141-20120723-1544.jpg

IMG00140-20120723-1147.jpg

It will probably be ok - just keep an eye on things.

The hair will grow back assuming it is only superficial, if deeper structures involved it could be left bald.

Pop the beastie along to the vet if you are worried.

How did it happen?

have u seen the photos, are they pretty deep ? and i dont know, i woke up when someone posted a mail through our post box and my dog started barking and ran at the door and started scratching. she always does that but nothing ever happened and it was just this morning i lifted her up and saw a red spot on her chin and i think its because of the post box on our door that got her.

it still has a bit of skin hanging on and should we remove it or leave it on? will she be able to take a shower ?

i thought your meant to shower your dog so they keep clean ?? and no its not im sorry if i said or wrote anything that made it look like a prank or a wind up. my english isnt very good ?:|

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:58 ----------

its just i dont know whether it will hurt my dog if i shower her after that accident

A dog doesn't need showering unless there's something wrong with it or it rolls in something nasty. My dog may get 1 bath a year (last one due to fox faeces).

If there is skin hanging then maybe get it checked by your vet.

oh right i got told that we were meant to bathe/shower or dog once a week :L and Thank you for replying :)