Poorly Doggie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegoyd01

Reaction score
Hi I would really appreciate some advice

My dog managed to get into the rubbish bin and got hold of a kebab with chilli sauce on it, he was fine until 4pm Saturday (he ate it Friday morning), he threw up everywhere, it looked like faeces but I know it wasnt, I could smell the chilli sauce and it looked oily...he has thrown up a couple more times, water and bile, I havent let him eat for 18 hours but gave him some chicken and rice 5 hours ago, he hasnt been sick since but is very down and depressed, tired too....he has not been for a poo today....he is about 3 years old (I rescued him 2 months ago), he is a staffordshire bull terrier...he looks a little bloated but not crying out....he will happily play if I throw his ball, its so upsetting seeing him so down though...I really cant afford the vets, what should I do, how long does it take for a tummy ache to go

Thanks so much

Jodie

It could be a number of things, but a high fatty meal can set of a bout of pancreatitis and that can be very serious. Could just be a mild stomach upset but they are not usually so depressed.

If the dog worsens or is no better tomorrow then a trip to the vets is in order. You have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure your pet receives appropriate treatment when sick.

Thanks for the quick response, I took him out for a walk and he played and chased the ball and was happy but now im home he is sad again, he has not been sick for 6 hours but has not pooped, could this be due to him having not a lot of food in his gut? I shall see how he gets on tonight, is there anything I should do, like not feed him etc

Thanks again

A little easily digestible food can help if he's not been sick. Cooked pasta/rice/white fish/chicken. If he starts vomiting STOP feeding.

Not worried about lack of faeces.

Thank you so much, hopefully he will start to feel better, will keep a close eye on him and if no better a trip to the vets, thank you

Latest posts