yorkshire terrier and coffee sweets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewy67

Reaction score
today we got home and found and empty coffee sweet box on the floor with our dogs teeth mark on it and there was about 5 or 6 coffe sweets in there. it is a cappucino sugar free sweet and we are worried about our dog she has vomitted small amounts but we dont think all of it has been vomitted. it has been 6 hours so we asumed that it has been digested. will she be fine ?

The part that worries me is the ingredient "Polyols". Some of these can be dangerous for dogs - the most dangerous is xyletol. The dog 'sees' it as sugar and produces insulin to lower the sugar level but because it is not real sugar the blood sugar can drop very low. Keep a close eye on the dog and if it won't wake up, has any sort of fit or is just very sleepy get your vet out of bed!

Hopefully the little beat threw it all up

she had about 5 or 6 capsules so its 14.5g or 17.4g polyols ? if so is that amount dangerouse ? and she is rather sleepy she just looks a bit down like upset and tired

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:42 ----------

we hope that she has vommited all of it aswell

Sadly my best source at a quarter to one in the morning is Wikipedia and that states 100micrograms/ kg have caused problems.

Xylitol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Truth is we don't know what dose has remained in the system. I can't reassure you that 'everything will be ok' because I don't know that it will. You can either wait and see or ring the vet.

:eek: sugar alchol ? will drinking water help ? she has drank alot like 3 bowls of water. im in uk too lol and yeah it is nearly 1 o clock. i appreciate your help, you have tried your best to look for sources at this time and it is rather late so i am really thankful for your help and i hope u get some sleep :p thank you :) i will keep an eye on her

1 hour for free vet advice at this time of night cant be bad! :D

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:56 ----------

:eek: sugar alchol ? will drinking water help ? she has drank alot like 3 bowls of water. im in uk too lol and yeah it is nearly 1 o clock. i appreciate your help, you have tried your best to look for sources at this time and it is rather late so i am really thankful for your help and i hope u get some sleep :p thank you :) i will keep an eye on her
from a totally non vet person,

I see this as two ways,

either try and 'force' it through the system, or back up again,

or

see what your vet thinks,

its a bit of a critical thing to be trying to sort online, its not like an itchy spot that you can leave a few days and see if it clears up, this is something you may well need to have sorted by the morning.

unfortunately. :|

but they are doing what they can to help us :p and they are dong it for free which help us save alot of money

If she wants to drink let her. If that continues she needs to see a vet to check it hasn't done anything bad to the liver.

She will probably be ok but keep a close eye on her.

Don't suppose you know why my Discoveries headlights not working? Not a fuse............ ;)

i know steptoe but im trying to find out what is wrong or can anything go wrong with my dog :L i love her and all i need is a vet who can help me by teaching or showing me how do it myself like make her vomit and what to do because i cant afford the vet right now plus it is pretty late now :( but i do apreciate both of your help because at this time of our most people will be sleeping but u two are helping me at this late :)

sorry Im not helping much lewy,

Im just trying to put a view on that Mr Apache the vet here cannot work miracles and see your actual dog,

I know you are trying your best,

@ Apache, have you tried the on off switch? ;)

failing that, can you hear the relay click? if you know where it is you could try giving it a tap [or a thump!]

@ Apache, have you tried the on off switch? ;) failing that, can you hear the relay click? if you know where it is you could try giving it a tap [or a thump!]
Tried the on-off switch. Sidelights there but no headlights. When I pull lever forwards (to flash lights) they come on. I drove home 6 miles holding the staff forwards! D3 has no relay for that my basic searching suggests an electronic box of tricks may be sad. It's sounding potentially expensive. :( (If Lewy could PM me his address I will send him a bill ;) )

lol its ok steptoe as u said your not a vet so i dont blame u and anyway u did give me advice :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:16 ----------

lol i would but im poor :(

Tried the on-off switch. Sidelights there but no headlights. When I pull lever forwards (to flash lights) they come on. I drove home 6 miles holding the staff forwards! D3 has no relay for that my basic searching suggests an electronic box of tricks may be sad. It's sounding potentially expensive. :( (If Lewy could PM me his address I will send him a bill ;) )
how do you pull a lever forwards? :|

ok, so you have main beam,? but no dip? are your bulbs OK? are you sure you checked your dip fuses?

otherwise I would deffo be checking continuity of the stick before anything else, unless its coming up as a common fault on google

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:21 ----------

lol its ok steptoe as u said your not a vet so i dont blame u and anyway u did give me advice :) ---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:16 ----------

lol i would but im poor :(
arent we all,

Im just trying to build up credits with him till I have enough to get a dog myself. :)

naww steptoe and lol what dog are u gonna get ? please get a yorkie XP