want one.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Bosch GBH 36 VF-Li 36v SDS which is an absolute beast.

If it was a biscuit

it would be a hob-nob!

bought it second hand too came with 3 battery's and I can't praise it enough

I've given up on the big battery stuff, far too heavy and the batteries don't last long.

Far cheaper getting a decent 230V or 110V and they last longer, I've had a Hilti TE17 for about 15 years and still going strong, however Dewalt 24V with 2 batteries left in garage collecting dust.

I've given up on the big battery stuff, far too heavy and the batteries don't last long.
i have a 36v bosch SDS. gets used on an almost daily basis, had it over 3 years and still works just as good as the day i bought it

Had my Bosch 36V for five years now. Cost me an arm and a leg but is probably best bit of kit I've brought. And believe me I've brought some kit over the last few years!!!

I've given up on the big battery stuff, far too heavy and the batteries don't last long.Far cheaper getting a decent 230V or 110V and they last longer, I've had a Hilti TE17 for about 15 years and still going strong, however Dewalt 24V with 2 batteries left in garage collecting dust.
some places I work dont have any power,

its not viable to get power to,

it would be so much hassle trying to get a work permit for

it would point blank be refused to use 230/110,

generators are not permitted,

the list in favour of cordless for me by far outweighs any reason for corded,

dont get me wrong, I have corded stuff, I prefer it for heavier stuff, but a lot of the time it is almost impossible to use it due to constraints.

some places I work dont have any power, its not viable to get power to,

it would be so much hassle trying to get a work permit for

it would point blank be refused to use 230/110,

generators are not permitted,

the list in favour of cordless for me by far outweighs any reason for corded,

dont get me wrong, I have corded stuff, I prefer it for heavier stuff, but a lot of the time it is almost impossible to use it due to constraints.
Don't get me wrong I use 18V everyday, but when it comes to drilling through Cotswold stone walls with 1M X 25mm SDS bits or Chasing the battery stuff just don't cut it, ok for 1 or 2 drops but not full on.

I have 36 volt Bosch had it bout 3 years wonderfull bit of kit any big holes or loads chasing I get my 110 volt hammer drill

The Panasonic gear is meant to be good though all the joiners I work wi have them and they worship them not sure about the 36 volt not seen one so cant comment

got a cheep dewalt 18v sds used it for 2 years, its on its way out now, bit rattley etc, but never burnt it out, ive even put 3x 4inch core drills through breeze block and then stone, used 4 batterys though. just the job if you know how to core drill(lifting drill when it snags and not using on hammer). i just think when it dies ill get something a bit more professional, im hoping if i get the li-ion batts it might last 6-7 years +

Yes they do have chisel there are 2 versions the ones with 3.0 ah batteries have chisel they also do a smaller one in screw fix they might not have chisel

Might be 2.6 ah actually