now with NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I had to wait for 3-4 weeks for my niceic membership to come through. It was defiantly longer than 2 weeks.

Had my first NIC assessment today, same guy i had with elecsa lol.am i the only one who panics and worries about assessment day or does every one?
Nope i always worry for a few days before (stupid i know but hey ho)......but my niceic assessor Mr C turns up & puts me right at ease, a Knowledgeable & freindly bloke, the type of chap who would be a spot on college lecturer.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:45 ----------

Use the sheet that the assessor gives you confirming he has passed you for assessment, thats what I did when I first registered with them & letting agent wanted proof of membership.

Nope i always worry for a few days before (stupid i know but hey ho)......but my niceic assessor Mr C turns up & puts me right at ease, a Knowledgeable & freindly bloke, the type of chap who would be a spot on college lecturer.---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:45 ----------

Use the sheet that the assessor gives you confirming he has passed you for assessment, thats what I did when I first registered with them & letting agent wanted proof of membership.
Yeh, but remember that it is only a recommendation from him to the office that they put you on the roll..

Had mine yesterday and personally for me the anxiety only kicks in about 5 mins before he knocks on the door so I try and make sure that I'm busy doing "anything but getting ready for him" IMHO he has to take me as I come.

Excellent news though,,, are you a DI or AC??

Yeh,,, your pocket will be a little bit lighter... LOL

Theoretically you could be overlooked if you are not an AC for commercial tenders (certainly national chains) and it may be an insurance stipulation for where you are working

I think most guys on here admit to a slight anxiety when assessment comes, driving test syndrome I guess .

I always think the assessor probably gets anxious when he visits Sidey or The Coracle Kid. As he gazes into one of Canoey's panels with soft start DC motor drives and relays and contactors clicking in and out as it controls some multi function machine and comes up with ....".... erm..and what level of Ze would we expect on this panel ?"

Or " Have you notified this ...erm...thing " ?

Last edited by a moderator:
this guy was so easy going.....first job, minor works, a socket spured from ring, he looked at the socket and said 'what cable did you use' i said '2.5, no need for fcu as only one socket' ah thats fine he said, wheres the next job. did not even show him cert for the job lol

he also said he books 3 assesments in a day, was with me by 8:20 gone by 10:30 after going through paper work and 2 jobs so not sure why the charge me for half day...not that im complaning, the less time he looks at my work the better lol

the last NICEIC AC assessment I had was spent sitting in McD's with him drinking coffee and talking about cycle racing, it helped that I used to work under another QS he covered that was mad into his cycling too. :D