Adobe crashing .......anyone know to do ..if anything?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Box keeps appearing .......Adobe Flash Player 11.3 has crashed , Windows will advise you ...well it doesn't .

So what is this Flash player ?

I got a box up that said revert to Adobe Flash 10 as Firefox doesn't like the update much ...OK So how do I do that ? It doesn't seem to want tell me .

Anyone know what to do ?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:22 ----------

Is this connected ?.......I noticed that the sound quality on Youtube has gone carp !!

Box keeps appearing .......Adobe Flash Player 11.3 has crashed , Windows will advise you ...well it doesn't . So what is this Flash player ?

I got a box up that said revert to Adobe Flash 10 as Firefox doesn't like the update much ...OK So how do I do that ? It doesn't seem to want tell me .

Anyone know what to do ?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:22 ----------

Is this connected ?.......I noticed that the sound quality on Youtube has gone carp !!
It's a program that allows you to play certain videos on websites such as the BBC such as when a video is attached to a news item

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sceptical , does it affect Youtube videos also ?

I downloaded an updated version of Flash Player but that crashes too . And it brought with it , McAfee Security . Why does it do that?

I have Norton running .

That probably is your problem Declan you can't have two security programs running at once, and the problem with the scotch one it embeds into your computer so you can't get rid of it. I would be very careful my son had this on one of my computers and it really ******** it up.

Thanks Sceptical , does it affect Youtube videos also ? I downloaded an updated version of Flash Player but that crashes too . And it brought with it , McAfee Security . Why does it do that?

I have Norton running .
Sounds when you downloaded it you did not un tick the McAfee box McAfee is another anti-virus program

Sounds when you downloaded it you did not un tick the McAfee box McAfee is another anti-virus program
Sounds like that to me as well, one of my pet hates

you go to download something and are presented with a screen

Everything except option one is ticked by default

1) Would you like to download the free version of xyz - yes that is why I came here.

2) For only a small fee of

Last edited by a moderator:
Internet Explorer uses a totally separate version of Flash (ActiveX) than Firefox uses. Chrome also has a different version than Firefox. With each browser having their own version of Flash that adobe develops, there is plenty of room for bugs to appear in one and not the other.

Just an update on this.   

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 11 and re-installed an earlier version .

This resulted in constant requests to upgrade  and some vids not working .   So back to version 11 whaich has been working away quietly for some weeks but has started to  "crash" again .     I now ignore it , as stuff seems to be working , just keep deleting the boxes .

Hi Deke

I think I had something similar with adobe update recently and it had installed mcafee antivirus which I think was conflicting with my current av program.

since going into control panel and removing the mcafee then everything has been fine.

• You should only ever run one antivirus programme.  
  • Java, Flash player,  Adobe acrobat /reader etc all have an annoying habbit of leaving older versions installed if updated automatically /by a non admin.   Uninstall all versions of these and re install only the latest from web
  • Ask tool bar, google chrome and lots of other stuff tries to get installed with the above free programmes . . .  They pay the author of the free software everytime it works so it can be hard to click the right clicks!
  • Most of the above can still be uninstalled via the control panel  . .  Ideally get help from someone who is able to spot the un-necessary programmes
Recently on two quite un related PC's I have had to remove and reinstall the anti virus / internet security programme to get everything to play nicely together.

HTH

Thanks for that post Bruspark , Scoob on it's way .

Firefox seem incapable of addressing the problem ,  Yes I could return to IE  but seems a bit slicker and the missus (me too) doesn't like the set up messed about with .

It seems to be on an endless loop of saying Flash Player has shut down , but everything seems to work  so..... 

How did I know Stepps would say that !

Thanks Blueflash , I did that a couple of weeks ago , uninstalled all the Adobe stuff ,  then installed an earlier version  , 10 I think.   With that  things attached to emails wouldn't play and most of Youtube would't play. 

So dumped that and re- installed Adobe Flash 11.  , all fine for a few weeks then it starts again , intermittently .   And yes , I remembered not to allow it to install  Mcafee  alongside it .   

tbh i get it now and then hopefully firefox will update soon. if it bugs to much could use chrome or even explorer lol