'Run time error 3704' when trying to run megger powersuite software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting Megger Powersuite Professional Software to work.

my setup: macbook pro retina display, running OSX, parallels 8, windows 7 home premium (in a window)

I managed to install the Megger powersuite software, and register the product key.

when i run the software i am told :

-Data registry is read only'

It then loads for log in. I log in with my computer user name and password. i use the OSX pass word, which is same for windows 7 run in parallels. I assume it is that user name and info as i have not registered any for the Megger software.

i enter my user and password and i am then told-

- Run time error '3704' : Operation is not allowed when the object is closed -

and the megger program then closes.

I got the Megger software free with my tester, it states 30 days support so i will ring them this week.

I download the Easy Cert evaluation version and it works as it should. From everyones advice on here i did plan at a later date to get Easy Cert. I still want to try out the Megger powersuite.

I am assuming there is an issue with windows run in parallels. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You can go on there site the error message may be listed. When I used powersuite I emailed them they would email you back the next day and usually new there stuff. I stopped using powersuite when the support got too expensive.

got a nice email from megger this morning to say that i should have registered within 90 days of purchase to get the downloads and updates and support.

Nice chap on the phone said he would help get me started. The errors are to do with read write permissions.

When i checked the megger folders have read only permissions, i click to unchange it, it sez are you sure, are you admin, i say yes i am, it sez are you really really sure. makes out like it has happened. but when i recheck it is read only again.

i think it is an issue to do with parallels and windoze

its vulgar windows rubbish

i tried to do it by command in the terminaal/shell doodaaa. Said it had done it. not in the gui window file thingy.

think i might be ready to give up on that and move on to the working easycert

Just bought EasyCert Mobile. Works a treat. works great on my iphone.

Just a shame i have had to run windoze on my new macbook to get it going. Parallels makes it run with no problem.

Thanks for advice

i have set the UAC to lowest setting. still not allowing it

I only have one log in, how do i log in as true admin