• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Duraplug FC4134WHI 4 Way Portable Extension Socket. Fused. Neon.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkymalarkey

Reaction score
Hi all

I have some unused new/boxed Duraplug FC4134WHI which I bought for a recording studio/live rooms project which ended up being a far smaller venture than I imagined! I'm now selling on those surplus to requirements.

When I looked into what extension sockets to use in my studio and house, I was told that these are far better than the surge protector type extensions. By all accounts, the only surge protectors that are effective are very expensive, unlike the ones found in DIY stores which would not actually help in the way they claim to. Quality components and build quality are far more important. These should last donkey's years too, and can handle being knocked about

Duraplug are a well known, tried and tested make, and these units have great build quality and are made using decent quality components and materials. The sockets grip the plugs far better than they do on cheaper extensions. Better contacts on the Duraplugs also result in a lower impedance to earth.

This ad is for one item and the cost is

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes those are the ones. I want to get rid of them (hence the good price).

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you are interested (or if you know anyone who is). Are they the type of thing electricians carry some stock of to use for customers?

Thanks again

Max

Are they the type of thing electricians carry some stock of to use for customers?Thanks again

Max
If customers want a multi block extension lead they would generally go and buy a ready made up lead including plug and flex from B&Q or similar. Electricians generally avoid encouraging the used of extension leads and adapter sockets due to the increased risk of overload, trips and fall due to trailing flex, damaged flex from going under or around furniture and doorways. The preferred option would be to just install more fixed outlets directly into the hard wired circuits of the property. So I doubt many electricians would consider these type of outlets as a regular stock item.

Doc H.

Thanks for that Doc. Perhaps this is the wrong place to advertise them then..... I'll leave it here nevertheless in case anyone is interested on the off chance.

Cheers

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:38 ----------

Admin - thanks for the PM. I cannot respond to the PM until I have 20 posts, so thought it best to respond here.... I was hoping to ask which email addy I should send the photo to?

Many thanks. Great site!

Not looking popular amongst sparkies (Doc Hudson was right!), but here's another bump just in case....

I guess that's one way of looking at it.  But surely the same could be said for anything, from cars to t-shirts to loaves of bread to cordless drills, and everything in between.....  

I think that's where the old adage "you pay for what you get" applies....

I think you are flogging a dead horse for the reasons set out above and the fact you are a low poster and recent joiner.

These things get bought, plugged in and sat behind the TV, mostly. They don't get a hard life. I'd say that there is very little to chose between them (especially if used for the low power devices they commonly are).

As they are a decent make, try selling them to offices.

I've failed many of the cheap ones on PA Testing, mostly can't get  a low enough earth resistance. So they are the sort of places that would bebefit paying more for a decent one.

the average joe public will be happy with the ones from the pound shop.

Have you actually sold any of these yet via the forum? If not then I would guess with the thread now 7months+ old that it is unlikely anyone on the forum has any interest. Maybe best just put them on EBay, (unless you have them on EBay and here!).

Doc H.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.