virgin media help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek13

Reaction score
Hi all I'm just about to get virgin media installed I'm changing from sky! anyway question is can I use the magic eye I was using for my sky box and use it on my new TiVo box I have a coax going to a tv in another room which I would like to use to send my virgin pic and sound to that tv ?

Any help greatly appreciated

You need to get a scart to rf converter to send the signal via the coax. And a universal remote sender as the standard sky magic eye will not work on virgin.

not the same as sky im afraid. If tivo is the same as the samsung boxes the easiest way is a video sender. Are you sure you are not entitled to a free second box as you have tivo?

I'm sure mate yeh just opted for the one ! So it's quite simply really ? Is there any recommended products that's tried and trusted for this ? Great help guys cheers

Or just get an openbox or similar for the other room. :)
On that "subject" would this be any good? Must point out I know NOTHING about Linux etc but fancy somethng to play with and see what I can receive. Guessing you know about this stuff? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
video baluns (they convert video signals to work over ethernet). baluns are available in just about every type of video connection, though if i remember correctly the tivo only has hdmi and SCART connections.

as for the remote, im not sure on a solution...... maybe a complex series of mirrors?

there are some apps that can be used as remotes for the tivo box, but of course those demand a smartphone, even then it may be ios only.

there are also some other methods for relaying the IR signal intended for tivo boxes, and the magic eye can work, but it requires additional equipment. i would post a link, but i dont have enough posts yet :(

Ebay do a infra red transmitter; it picks up the remote signal and then sends it to 3 x small infra red emitters on a cable you suppose to pop them in your closed cupboard but could I suppose extend one of them to another room and pop it in front of your box and use a HDMI splitter to your other room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose that derek13 is really interested since he last posted almost 2 years ago.

I don't understand why people reply to old posts :C