Important Message from Admin and Admin 2...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
As you are all no doubt aware - TEF was for sale. It has not been sold, but is under new management.

Firstly, I would like to introduce you to the new owners:

Apache, Canoeboy, KME & Sidewinder.

Apologies for the delay in announcing this - as you can imagine, there has had to be a lot of "behind the scenes" discussion.

The new management and I would like to make it clear that the transition will NOT affect the aims and goals of the forum in any way.

However, the new management have informed me that there are some changes and improvements coming up in the near future, including:

New & improved download and sponsors area.

New, faster, bigger servers.

New and Improved forum software, incorporating many new things.

These changes will necessitate some disruption to forum service (the upgrades and server move will be implemented overnight where possible, to minimise inconvenience to members).

I do not believe that I would be able to find anyone to buy the forum who would uphold the forum values, these are more important to me than money so it is with this thought that i have transferred ownership of the forum for free to the above members for the good and future of the forum.

Myself and Admin 2 are retiring.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Admin 2 and I would like to thank all forum Administrators, Moderators, Members and Sponsors for over 4

Thank you too Noz, it has been a pleasure, Mate - it really has. :)

I'd like to say thanks to the Admin family, they were a pleasure to work for and I hope the new management will be so nice to me.

You deserve a nice long rest, be safe and be good, love to the family.

Thankyou Admin and Admin 2 :Applaud . Although I was not here from the start, I felt welcomed when I did finally join,
default_good%20luck.gif
with the future. Good luck to the new masters :worship, I'm sure the forum will just go from strength to strength :Salute

Just to remove any concerns people may have, there will be changes, but they will be for the better.

All the best to the Admin family.

Hope the forum will go from strength to strength and KME will figure out itallics, and we will find my tab key............

Well,

All i can say is that i am so pleased with the way things have worked out. It just goes to show that there are still generous, and indeed, honorable people still in this world.

Furthermore, the forum could not possibly have a better set of new owners, well done you four, i am sure under your guidance the forum will go from strength to strength.

I think EVERYONE will agree, that this is just brilliant news for all concerned!!!

So, a massive thank you to all the owners, both old and new, good luck, and thank you, to you all!!!

john...

Whichever way the forum grows and develops in the future.....

Its ongoing success will ALWAYS be rooted in Admins original vision and hard work and effort put in to nurture the forum from nothing...

( Zero Members - - - Zero Sponsors )....

... to what it is today!!! :Applaud

and to establish the ground rules that make this forum a far better place than other "similar content" forums!... :Salute

Thank you Admin1 & 2.. for all your hard work..

Best wishes to both of you and to your young and growing family.

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

Well Mr & Mrs Admin I will say thank you for inviting me to join the forum and its been a pleasure knowing you for the last four years and more. The forum has been a big part in my life and a very enjoyable part to. Knowing the guys who are taking over I don't think things will change to much. Hopefully you will still take part now and then when you get the time. We miss Mrs Admins jokes and by the way some of the newcomers jokes just don't have the edge. Please keep posting, kind thoughts to you and your family and best wishes for the future from Batty.

I'd like to add my thanks and best wishes to Mr & Mrs Admin ( Jamie & Gertrude) You did a great job in creating this Friendly Forum and maintaining it . As someone who had never used a Forum I didn't know what to expect or how they worked ( Hence signing on with my business name ) I'm so glad I stumbled upon this one , I've received help and advice from members , tech. stuff has been posted to me etc. and I hope I've managed to help others in return ( Except Steptoe of course who keeps threatening me with earth rods) .

It was good to see that agressive posts were dealt with , swearing kept to a minimum and PITA's asked to join another Forum.

I respect Admin for not selling out , the Forum is in good hands ( although they have asked ME to handle the changeover !!!! Oh well can't be that difficult )

I wish Admin & family all the best and perhaps The Welsh Wizard may look in from time to time , thank you for all the work you must have put in ,

best wishes from

Deke and :C

I have not been part of the forum long, but from the friendly banter and advice I see posted on a daily basis I know you have done a great job.

With the wife having to stay at hospital a lot, and with late night trips backwards and forwards this forum has been keeping me sane. Even if that means reading posts at 3.30am lol.

I would just like to thank admin and admin 2 for all your hard work. All the best for the future. God bless.

Hia Admin, I am honestly sorry to see you retire, especially having met you both. May I just say that this forum would be poorer if you both do decide to stay away completely, personally I would ask that you both stay as members at least. Thank you for the last 4.5 years, yourselves and alot of the regulars have become like a second family to Me, and to have that happen via an online forum, take something very special to happen.

AndyGuinness

There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. So, I will add my thanks and best wishes. I don't know what your plans are, but hopefully you will pop in from time to time to see how it's all going.

Well done Admin / Admin2 :grouphug

Can I just say a massive or as the new buzz word EPIC thank you to Mr & Mrs Admin for all your hard work as its a full time job running a forum and you and the other Admin have done a sterling job giving us members a high quality forum.

Having met the new members at Elex I know we are in good hands.

I don't care what people say about the Welsh and their sheep they are good lads ha ha.

I wish you all the best on your retirement and I hope you enjoy your time that you have now got back.

Once again thank you guys this is a great forum run by great people ;)

I would just like to echo the words of others. This forum offered me a sanctuary when I quit as a mod on another 'forum' which shall remain nameless. Whilst not here as much as would like these days due to work commitments, the nice thing about this forum is that you feel like you have never been away.

Good luck to the Admin family - enjoy your rest and well done to sticking to principles and beliefs rather than looking for financial reward as many others would have.

Thank you to Admin for starting the ball rolling and to the new admin team who I am sure will do an honorable job to keep it rolling in a similar direction to the one originally planed. Some of the other options for the forums future would not have been so very positive, it certainly appears that the best solution has been found. I look forward to a continually improving forum now some of the admin workload can be shared between you all.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck to Mr & Mrs Admin :)

and welcome to the new Admins :) (well not exactly a welcome but u know what i mean)

this forum can only but go forward which can mean nothing else but bigger n better things :)

but all in all the main objective of it all is to promote electrical safety and to help :) and obviously avoid steps rod's at all costs :p