Cheap Waterfall Taps

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as the title says,

as with other posts of mine, getting the bathroom done, the wife has decided on these fancy waterfall taps,

you know the sort, where you see the water coming out and it runs out over the edge of the tap,

anyone know a cheap place to get some,

one hole basin and a mixer for the bath[2 hole is fine] no shower connection required as we have an electric shower.

I want something half decent cos I only want to do this once, and I will have NO access to the bath taps once fitted so I need tham to last [reasonably for the price], not a one year jobbie anyway.

thanks.

Albert.

:slap

Yep, two different things,

Ones she has seen are about £150 each FFS! :eek:

Something a bit more reasonable, have searched Google, but it takes me forever to not find anything. :|

Try this lot, one 2 hole bath jobbie on page 4 for £90 and link to the matching sink taps when you go to it:

http://www.lightinth...0121011105656:s

FFS don't show her the pretty ones with LEDS in them!

(...........you could always cable tie a bit of trunking lid to a "normal" tap)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the trunking idea, :D but ive gotten rather attached to having my bits the way they are! :eek:

They look spot on to me, ill just print that page out, save having her browsing too much. ;)

When she starts kicking off say "At least it's not as bad as this.......................". My "main" downstairs bathroom to be exact. An extension done God knows when. Originally had a flat roof with no firrings - instead they sloped the roof joists so the ceiling inside was 6" higher one end. Original door one end of a long corridor and from the hall an odd "ramp" up into the bathroom. I blocked up this door and knocked through from another room and the bathroom floor is actually 2" higher than the rest of the house. So.............the ceiling is down as are the ceiling "joists". Floor has to be lowered by about 9" as fitting wet underfloor heating. Electrics and plumbing are Black Museum stuff!

SAM_4662.jpg

SAM_4663.jpg

SAM_4664.jpg

SAM_4665.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a specific air admittance valve I fitted (stops foul gas escaping INTO the space) as the soil stack originally exited the roof thru a tin sheet which let the rain in in one corner of the room and down into the cavity. I'm re-routing the whole run anyway - have to to get the new, deeper joists in for one thing!

My missus has already chosen the taps - if that were my only problem I'd be chuffed. In fact she's bought the whole new bathroom suite complete with a jacuzzi bath with lights in! What doesn't she want! Lit and tiled alcoves (in the 13" solid walls no less) are on the cards too. Got a ceiling mounted body drier too. From what I understand your missus stands underneath and presses the remote then turns into the bird in the video..............

https://www.youtube.com/embed/P1x3_cOoyrw?feature=oembed

I don't have any neighbours for a start. The place is an old smallholding and NOT on main drainage. The plastic soil pipe in the picture runs to a cess pit at the bottom of the land and that has multiple rusty drain covers all with nice holes in them so there is v.little gas build up. It's truly all quite horrible and one of the MANY jobs that needs redoing. At the bottom of the house stack they have used two 90deg bends i.e. no swept bends. Many a time I've had to rod the stack, the clay pipes to the cess pit and more than a few times been down the manhole with shovel!