Napit Assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breath as normal,

behave as normal,

tell them what you know as normal,

Tell them what you don't know as normal,

pay your fee as normal,

carry on as normal,

if you need any more advice please ask :)  

From a Stroma point of view, have the latest regs, calibration, ins, certs in order and know how to test properly, and why tests are necessary!

ye,

they have a good idea inside the first 5 minutes if you know what you are doing,

my bloke said it wasnt a strange thing to find a shiney new meter and calibration sticker from about 2weeks previous, and the job certs all dated within a couple of days of this,

but obviously nothing he could do about it.

even with my, 'issues' , he was gone in a couple of hours,,,,,,,

have my Napit assessment tomorrow bricking it any tips?
Lumliam  they want to get their hands on your cheque like all the others .   Your profile says you are time served  and an all rounder , that will see you through unless you never learned anything about being an electrician. 

Its much as Stepps said above , they tend to engage you in conversation about usually on various issue within the trade  ...say the advent of Metal Consumer units.... to see if you are keeping up with developments .  

Their obsession with metal boards centres on many boards being under non- fire proofed staircases .  It took them 50 yrs to suddenly notice that boards were going into meltdown  after we  dropped the WOODEN boards and adopted plastic .  

My opinion is its nothing to do with being plastic , more like :-

1.   Sub-standard manufactured  MCBs , etc.

2.   Latest breed of sparks incapable of tightening up a terminal screw .

3.   The widespread use of rock hard copper in meter tails that doesn't mould into the shape of the box terminals  but remains like a solid core ...one slight twist of the tails and its loose. 

I'm rambling ...you'll be fine ..relax ...make sure all your ducks are in a row and you know what you're talking about .  

Yeah sounds good, weird thing is I've passed two previous NICEIC Approved contractor assessments for the old company i was QS for. Didn't feel any stress whatsoever, just something different about it being for yourself i suppose. Something strange about it being just another contractor too. 

guess ill know within 5 minutes what kind of chap he is,

i have all required documents available on my computer with cloud backup and paper copies on file so not worried about that.

Applied for Competent person scheme (equivalent to approved contractor) and all you need to show is 2 new circuits so I've used my house.

Problem is I've only upgraded DB and fitted two small radials new. 

one with about 3M of cable 2.5 T+E for a socket (Radial), and another for a smoke alarm circuit in basement to first point probably 2M of 1.5 T+E. Genuine circuits just hope he doesn't think I'm taking the mick.

Applied for Competent person scheme (equivalent to approved contractor) and all you need to show is 2 new circuits so I've used my house.
This bit has confused me....are you saying the NAPIT Competent Person Scheme, which if I am correct the NICEIC call a Domestic Installer? Is the same as the NICEIC Approved Contractor rating.   Or am I reading it wrong, but it has been a very long day

just curious

This bit has confused me....are you saying the NAPIT Competent Person Scheme, which if I am correct the NICEIC call a Domestic Installer? Is the same as the NICEIC Approved Contractor rating.   Or am I reading it wrong, but it has been a very long day

just curious

Hi 

hi seems a normal problem with Napit is an identification of what scheme is what.

mine covers commercial industrial and residential 

Hi Liam

Thank you for joining NAPIT’s Electrical Competent Person Scheme (CPS). Your

Your provisional membership number is *** . This is your reference whenever you communicate with us and shouldn’t be used on any marketing or business details until you’ve passed your assessment and your membership becomes live.

As discussed, because you confirmed you have the following:

You are eligible to join us as a Domestic, Industrial & Commercial Installer.