Need A 450 By 900Mm Direct Hot Water Cylinder With Side Immersion Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says. I have a 450 by 900mm direct copper hot water cylinder to replace,

But all I can find in that size has a top mounted immersion heater. I find top mounted heaters are a PITA these days with frequent tripping of the safety stat for no good reason.

So I want one that has a side mounted immersion heater.

but I can only find side mounted immersion heaters in tanks 1050mm tall or greater, but redesigning the airing cupboard was not what I want to do.

I do not know if they still offer the service but, back in the day Gledhill in Blackpool actually made a one-off cylinder fro me.

Pipes and flanges where I required in non-standard positions.

Maybe too expensive nowadays

Or...if you are feeling confident/brave you can buy a [guessing a bit at the name...] Essex ring that will fit on the side of the cyl in a position of your choice

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same trouble with the word 'flange'....................................... :coat
There should really be another thread for this...............butt connector, erection methods, laying a cable (snigger!). Think we're on the same page!

Did you know that the Afrikaans slang for w**ker is "draadtrekker" - literally means "wire puller"!

Latest posts