Christmas Charity Raffle

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a3

3 of 9
Reaction score
Dear Forumite,

We are holding a christmas & new year charity raffle in aid of the following cancer charities

• Macmillan Cancer Support.
  • Cancer Research UK
  • Marie Curie Cancer Care
The raffle will be starting on December 9th 2012 and finish on January 31st 2013

All money raised (less around £50 expenses and our paypal fees) will be split between the three charities

The rules are

1. You must be a forum member - TEF Newbie or above

2. You must have made 1 post or more

3. The tickets and prizes are Non - Transferable

4. All tickets are £1 - You may purchase one or as many tickets as you like

5. Maximum number of tickets on sale 20,000

6. The winners will be announced in February 2013 after the raffle close date

7. All ticket money raised less our costs and paypal fees will be split three ways and go to the above named charities.

8. Raffle tickets will be open to everyone except forum owners, administrators and prize contributors

9. You must be 16 years of age or over and reside (or have residence) in the United Kingdom

10. You must use our raffle system (link below) and paypal to purchase your ticket/s

11. You can only purchase 1 ticket at a time on the system so for example to purchase 10 tickets you have to make 10 separate purchases

(please leave a few minutes between purchases otherwise paypal doesnt seem to send the correct payment info to us)

As of 29th Jan we have had a software update and you can now purchase multiple tickets in 1 transaction

12. Only a successful paypal payment to us generates a raffle ticket - we accept no responsibility for any external technical issues 

At present we have some excellent prizes (all donated by our forum sponsors) listed below

Megger Limited - Multi Tester 1720l Test Kit (rrp £1095)

EasyCert - Mobile Suite 1 (rrp £382)

CK Tools - Premium Tool kit (rrp £380)

Kewtech - Test Kit Bundle KT115, KT200, Lightmate Kit, PAT Adapter, R2, R2FL, JUMPLD-1, ACC50MTL, Voltstick (rrp£329.50)

isswww.co.uk - iPad 2 16gB (rrp £329)

Wago Box - Contractor Starter Kit (rrp £105)

FastLec - £100 voucher for their online store plus free one off delivery

Cloud 9 Dynamics - 3 off 1 yrs web and email hosting (rrp £60 each)
The Labelpeople - £50 voucher for their online store plus free one off delivery

TEF Solutions Limited - 3 off Gold Memberships to talk.electricianforum.co.uk for a year (rrp £25 each)

Kewtech Limited - 11 off Uno Voltsticks (rrp £17 each)

Please help us to help support the three chosen cancer charities and give yourself a chance of winning one or more of the fabulous prizes above

Please buy tickets for the raffle here

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/raffles/

Regards

The Administration Team
for and on behalf of TEF Solutions Limited

This Raffle is registered and Licensed with our local council and our permit number is LOTT1121

Last edited by a moderator:
The link takes me to -

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 31 at column 94: Entity 'copy' not defined

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

1 105 0 0 0 0 8f0e233a9d8d1893b785864a9ffa99bd 5585ca807f8226d73256f3ea61e0ba67

On my iPad if that makes a difference?!?

Great feature for great causes. Some decent prizes to be won some come on guys, get your tickets, support the causes and you never know you may end up with a nice post-christmas pressie.

p.s.

If I win the IPad can I swap with someone for something more meaningful. :slap

You are not like me Barx I like apples its oranges I am not keen on that unpeeling seems like hard work. Yes a big thank you to the sponsors really nice prizes available.

The link takes me to - This page contains the following errors: error on line 31 at column 94: Entity 'copy' not defined Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error. 1 105 0 0 0 0 8f0e233a9d8d1893b785864a9ffa99bd 5585ca807f8226d73256f3ea61e0ba67 On my iPad if that makes a difference?!?
It works for me Betty. On the blue navigation bar at the top there is a direct link to the raffle.

Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/d2jaour

Do you get a ticket number on purchase.

Can you make it so you can purchase more than 1 without multiple log-in to PayPay.
The tickets are numbered as far as I know, but I am excluded from buying one to check! The proof I saw was numbered.

It was a condition of the licence to hold this (that takes £40 away from the charities, for no apparent gain) that the tickets were sold singularly. Not a big bother logging in a couple of times, is it?

The tickets are numbered as far as I know, but I am excluded from buying one to check! The proof I saw was numbered.

It was a condition of the licence to hold this (that takes £40 away from the charities, for no apparent gain) that the tickets were sold singularly. Not a big bother logging in a couple of times, is it?
My thought was if you wanted to do 10 or 15, I can see the bank kicking the transaction as suspicious due to multiple same amounts of £1.

Answer is to do a couple every now then i suppose.

Did not notice ticket number, how do you check ?

Edit - Found it as Item Number in transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s.

If I win the IPad can I swap with someone for something more meaningful. :slap
If I win the volt stick do you want to do a swap?......Obviously some cash adjustment will be required, so If you want to give me ,say, £25 we should be quits!

Seriously, not knocking the prizes I really want/need/desire/will get an iPad.   Clutching at straws and waiting for price to plummet after Xmas.

However I will still be purchasing tickets :coat

I'm lost without mine dropped it the other day on top of my steelies screens shattered its away for repair

I miss it so much trying to do every thing on my iPhone just isn't the same lol

Well done guys,

I have just bought some - well worthy cause(s).

The raffle number can be seen in your Paypal receipts, guys.

Good luck all.

U only have to fill out your details once if you want more than one ticket every time after u just redo your pay I'd

I purchased 5 tickets yesterday and each transaction was acknowledged by Paypal but only 2 tickets acknowledged by TEF. Is this important or will all my tickets be entered?  :unsure:

I purchased 5 tickets yesterday and each transaction was acknowledged by Paypal but only 2 tickets acknowledged by TEF. Is this important or will all my tickets be entered?  :unsure:
They have been approved now.

It seems to flag some people.

Thanks for the support

:D

Should anyone require a shortened link (URL) to post around the internet to advertise this christmas charity raffle to generate ticket sales then please use this coded url

Code:
[URL="http://bit.ly/UFGyEl"]http://bit.ly/UFGyEl[/URL]

This is another link that googles the raffle and gives it first hit under sponsored links

Code:
[URL="http://bit.ly/TRZ1N5"]http://bit.ly/TRZ1N5[/URL]