Tips For Am2? Coming Up Soon!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Hello!!

I have got my AM2 this month and I am dreading it :( I have been doing my Apprenticeship for 2.25 years now and the time has come unfortunately :(

I have been practicing my 2 way and intermediate lighting and also my testing. I just wondered if anyone has any tips ?

What makes it worse is I have to go to Peterborough to do it (I live in Norwich) as Norwich no longer do it!

Thanks in advance! 

Search the forum, there are quite a few threads on the AM2. It's been a while since I did mine, all i can say is dont rush, but dont drag your feet, take the time to read the cable schedule to ensure you use the correct cables. Have a think about which order you install each circuit, some people prefer the heating circuit first, others last.

Practice working out the overload settingfor the motor circuit. All the fault finding will be continuity related and be methodical with the testing, use the on site guide and gn3. If you can do the pre AM2 then i'd reccomend it.

Good luck

Thanks Vinnie! I am very nervous. Boss has more or less said pass it or your sacked. It just adds so much pressure on me so I'm not looking forward to it. 

I do have the 1 day refresher course so that should help :) I've also had a few searches and read some AM2 threads so thanks.

Well I have done it!!!!!!  :Y   :Y   Guinness  !

I failed the 1st exam on the main install (section A). I ran out of time so I didnt get time to do the s plan heating! All I had to do was wire up the wiring centre :( I was really pleased that I passed everything else though especially the fault finding and testing.

I re-took section A a month later and finished with 2 hours to spare!! Just so happy now!!! Thanks guys for all your help over the years on here :)

Thanks!

I don't know. Perhaps it was because I got used to the layout of the rig and I knew I only had to do 1 section (not the whole exam again)

:)

Latest posts