Dp Rcbo's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garo are the only ones I could find, they are big on that Island situated a bit West of Mainland UK I believe.

Can't remember the name of it now, you may need to ask Steps?...

R,D&H's ;) ; ) ;)

David Stansfield (SBS) is spot on with his customer service / advice & delivery plus his prices are very very reasonable. Best of all he will only sell to trade.

If I can find them I do have some pictures of his DP single module devices & cu as I was installing them.

Pictures added in the "your pictures" section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly what you were posting about, but I see they also do 2 module double pole rcbo's http://www.meteorelectrical.com/distribution-control_consumer-units_rcd-s-rcbo-s-mcb-s-rcd-s_double-pole-2-module-rcbo-s.html
And at a pretty good price as well.

Previously the only 2 module 2 pole rcbo's I've found have been contactum, which I don't like because they explode if you feed the power into the top of them.
I've been looking at these, DP RCBO's from Doepke:

http://www.doepke.co.uk/rcbos/rcbos.HTML

Made in Europe as opposed to the Far East

David of SBS is now a Forum Sponsor so I am sure will pop along to give you all help and advice and some decent prices

Hi Everyone,

I have just composed a lengthy intro for my Company SBS Trade Sales, which I previewed before posting, but I pressed return and lost the lot!!.

So, for now, if you are interested in Standard 1-pole RCBOs and 2-pole, 1-module Compact RCBOs, please e-mail me at

david DOT stansfield AT satnet DOT me DOT uk 

(replace the DOTs and AT with proper .'s and @'s)

I deal with Trade-only customers, don't have a web site and conduct business on a one-to-one basis, either by e-mail, phone or face-to-face..

In the next few weeks, I shall see how my my different, tentative approach to TEF Sponsorship works out, by which time, TEF Staff will have hopefully found a way to make it work.

Look forward to hearing from you.

David Stansfield MIET

aka SBS Dave

Hi Dave, I was supposed to come meet you a good while ago, unfortunately I got lost in a time warp spasm and never did get round to it,

anyhow, Im needing some DP RCBOs just now for a garage  workshop store shed Im doing.

will e.mail you,

thanks,

I used some of David's consumer units on a recent job and was well impressed with them. The compact RCBO's are great as you don't have any flying leads so you can have a tidy consumer unit. I certainly will be using them again and David is really easy to deal with. Welcome to the forum David.

Just to clarify the the situation with regard to GARO, they do a similar product to my Compact RCBO in a range of 6A to 25A @ £24.00 + VAT.

Mine is made by the top manufacturer and designer of this type of product, in a range of 6A to 40A @ £13.00 + VAT.

I believe their standard tall 1-pole RCBO has a range of 6A to 40A, is probably 6kA ssc @ £14.50 + VAT

Mine has a range of 6A to 50A, is rated at 10kA ssc @ £10.00 + VAT.

The reason I can sell my at least equivalent quality products for so much less, is that I cut out the middle man Distributor and sell directly to the Trade.

And you don't just buy a box of bits from me (you can if you want),  90% of my sales are for complete CUs, which I fully assemble to your exact specification.

I am a Full Scope qualified electrician, no longer on the tools, 53 years in the Electrical Industry, an ex-NAPIT Field Officer and now a Lifetime Associate Member of NAPIT.  Hopefully, that will inspire some confidence in me and my products. For more information, please e-mail me.

SBS Dave

I would like to post some jpg images on here, but I am not sure how to do it.

I have got myself onto photo bucket and have the images in the Library, but don't know what to do next.

Can anyone help? As far as computers are concerned, I work on a need-to-know basis, so this is something else I need to know!!

SBS Dave

Hi Doc

If you look at PDF page 6 it shows the range, they do a 1+1 pole MCB single mod with individual switches so basically 2 mcb's combined into one module. Further in the file they do a compact RCBO also. Looks interesting. I'll have to get some prices.
From SBS Dave

Sorry, don't understand this kind of posting and I don't know which PDF you are referring to. I don't even know who I am talking to!!

I obviously need some serious tutoring.

SBS Dave