---------------------Scam Santander Email-------------------

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgdean

Reaction score
  • not even  had an account with them  :)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Santander Online Banking
Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that starting from January 21, 2013 we will be introducing new online banking authentication

procedures in order to protect the private information of all online banking users.

You are required to confirm your online banking details with us as you will not be able to

have access to your accounts until this has been done.

As you're already registered for online banking all you need to do is to confirm

your online banking details.

Confirm your details

Regards,

Santander Bussiness Member Services

scam scam..

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I get these regularly from most of the banks, however they tend to miss the bank that I actually have an account with ;)

They also seem to send me a load of Paypal emails and I'm also apparently due a tax rebate of £274.64 :eek:

The key thing is just hover over the links.  It's abundantly obvious to anyone with half a brain cell, that they are taking you to a completely different web site.

yes Paddy,

but there are vunerable folks out there not so savvy,

the elderly for example who sometimes dont even realise that they havent even signed up for PC banking maybe.

I get messages galore like this for bank accounts, credit cards etc I am supposed to have, I just ignore them as that is all they are scams by people trying to get your details.

It is like the one where various people send out an email saying they are some bank manager having access to some deceased persons account and if you send your bank details they will deposit millions into your account, more like empty it it.

yes Paddy,

but there are vunerable folks out there not so savvy,

the elderly for example who sometimes dont even realise that they havent even signed up for PC banking maybe.
Indeed.

My MIL's PC had almost ground to a halt and I was asked to look

Malware bytes found literally hundreds of threats. We ended up re formatting and re installing everything.

When asked about what links she has been clicking on the reply was "I keep getting emails telling me I have won some money so I click the link"

Enough said.

I get these all the time, I'd like to know who's selling my email address.
 Don't know about selling it but there are quite a few muppets on forum sites who are stupid enough to post their email address on open forums then have the cheek to complain about getting spam.

Why when opening this thread do I get a pop up saying:

"One of the certificates presented by the server has expired. Do you wish to accept the certificate?

Server name myolnineaccounts2.abbeynational.co.uk"

What's going on?

Why when opening this thread do I get a pop up saying:

"One of the certificates presented by the server has expired. Do you wish to accept the certificate?

Server name myolnineaccounts2.abbeynational.co.uk"

What's going on?

The opening post had a link to a Santander logo or image, which I have now removed. I suspect trying to display the link when you open the thread was the problem. let us know if it pops up again.

Doc H.