Scottish Power Apprenticeship Tests?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigthackerx

Reaction score
Hey there, this is my first ever post so hey all !  

I recently applied for a Scottish Power Craft apprenticeship on their website, as they told me to apply for that one due to me already studying a NC in Electronic Engineering.  But anyway, I had a look at the application process and if your form is accepted you get forwarded to a Safety and Dependability test on their website (lasting 10 minutes long) and If that is then accepted (here's hoping) I THEN get forwarded to Phone Interview and I THEN get took to a assessment center where I will be tested on Occupational Ability & Practical Testing and THEN after that If that is successful I will be put forward to a Face to Face Interview.

And what I'm wondering is If any other Scottish Power Ex-Apprentice's see this, or anyone who is familiar with this type of process to give me a little more detail in what I should be expecting and what I should be studying for?  It all does seem a bit complicated to me, but I'm still learning so who knows. 

So yeah anyway, If anyone who sees this can offer me some info in what to expect, how to prepare, and really any sort of informantion that might help my chances at being what I've always wanted to be,   You could literally be saving my life!

Thanks to anything I get back from this.

Hi Craig , this is a longshot, but im in a similar position with Scottish Power. i have been shortlisted for the practical assesment in 2 weeks time.

so ive already had the telephone interview and online tests. still to do the practical assessment , and hopefully if all goes well, the interview.

if possible could you offer any tips to give me a head start.

thanks in advance

scot

I'm 36 years late, I did the Scottish Power interview in 1981 (SSEB then), got a good apprentice out of it.

Wonder if the OP got an apprenticeship, if he did he will be about finished now.😀