Am2 Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason1992

Reaction score
Got it coming up and was just wondering with the breakers are they already in the board or do you have to choose them yourself?

Spoke to someone the other day and was under the impression there are breaker already in the board but you have to determine the correct ones?

Also the motor I heard you have to set the overload ? Just wondering how you do it and how you determind what to set it to

Any help would be great thank you !

Not done the AM2 so can't answer your questions exactly, however I don't imagine you will be expected to do injection testing of overloads for the motor so I would have thought it would be just a case of checking the name plate details of the motor for the FLC (full load current) and set the overload to that, the overload units usually have a dial on them with a wee arrow that you simply line up with the current setting, so if the FLC of the motor is 5A then set the overload at 5A.

Good luck and hopefully someone will be along that has done an AM2 can give you a more exact answer or correct what I have said.

roys,

I've not done the AM2 either, but, I very, VERY much doubt there will be injection testing!

Most, if not all colleges these days can't afford the kit, and if they can it is doubtful they have people competent to teach it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree sidey that is why I said I doubt they would be doing injection testing.  Do you agree it would be just a case of setting it up as per name plate details, I can't see them doing it any other way.

I could teach them on overload injection testing. :)   as you could probably also.

Cheers roys

12 way 3-phase dist-board.

Circuit 1 spare

circiut 2 Co2  

circuit 3 lighting

circuit 4,5,6, 16amp cammando socket

circuit 7 ring circuit

circuit 8 heating

circuit 9 spare

circuit 10,11,12 dol starter.

Calculate motor overload= convert W to kw/by 3 then by 230 multiply answer by 110% the set overload to halve the value.

Latest posts