Plug In Rodent Deterrents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on these,

do they work?

how do they work, is it noise?

I have Guinea pigs in the house so dont want to annoy them.

its for my shed, dont have any rodents now, I dont think, but, dont want any either.

Canoeboy said:
In my experience they are useless or the rodents we had were all deaf (and we had families of them at work)

The best thing is those little blue or red pellets or the bigger blue square golf balls for the bigger rodents....
yer, that gets rid of what you have,

doesnt stop them in the first place........

might just get me a ferret, :D

hopefully the smell will do the job, will keep the wife away from the shed too I imagine, might not be a bad idea, if Im keeping missweden in there as well...........

Canoeboy said:
Does Miss Sweden like ferrets ? Presume shes in the shed ?
well, depending on how tight the gag is, she hasnt complained about the smell yet,

dunno if she like ferrets though,

hopefully I'll get a bath on tuesday next week.......

Rodent detectors work in theory, but there are many cheap ones available and I honestly don't know how good they are. Not in earshot of a guinea pig, please.

I would get a proper bait station and leave it filled at all times.

Good timing. Now the weather has got a bit better I thought its time I saw the garage floor not full of toot. I started 2 nights ago and refilled a big bait station in each corner of the garage. Next night the whole lot was gone, even the one right infront of an expensive electronic rodent and insect gadget thingy thats been plugged in all winter. Also the pesky mice had made a nest a foot away by chewing up a load of rags and a bar of soap . The spiders also didnt seem repelled by it as they had woven a web round it.

I have also started chucking out loads of usefull stuff thats been in there untouched since I moved in 12 years ago, I bet I will now need it tomorrow

The one we tried in our loft made no difference. The mice still come in.

the ONLY thing that sorts them is poison.  Even mouse traps were of limited success.

Is this another plug-in that could be as dangerous

as the ones that put scent into the air?  Some of

them have lit up the lives of the people who bought

them.

Also if anyone in the house wears a hearing aid it will annoy them as the hearing picks it up, as my dad found out when he came to visit me.  He asked what the beeping noise was took a good few minutes to figure out it was the plug in rodent deterrent.

Did a bit more clearing up the garage this afternoon and found a fresh  dead mouse in a chewed up bag about 2 metres from the detector. Somehow i think its the 1lb of bait it ate that killed it and not the sound wave from the device thingy.

I tried everything to get rid of mice the only thing that really works is a cat.
Think I've said before but if you know anyone with a pet snake then put some shed skin where you're trying to deter the mice/rats. Haven't tried it but the pest control fella at work reckons it works......................nearly as well as a snake!

My cousin had a problem with mice couple of years ago. One jumped out of the cornflake box and totally freaked her out!

She got rid of the mice and then brought an ultrasonic thingy that she plugged in. She never had any more mice problems but then she had new neighbours with cats who keep on coming into the garden; so a bit difficult to decide on what was the actual deterrent.

Daft question.................I have 4 overhead lines coming into the house - TT supply in, phone, then two overheads supplying power to the detached garage and stable. Presuming these are ideal "aerial runways" for vermin?

Saying that the missing fascia and soffit boards might NOT be helping!

:lol:

Found another fresh dead mouse in a little nest of rags tonight, this one about 1 metre in front of the plug in thingy thing that doesnt work . I cant really seal up the garage as they get in under the doors. The garage will soon be the tidiest since i moved in 12 years ago. I even uncovered a full size pinball machine that i had sort of forgotten about,  i was given  it 3 years ago and it needs soldering back together.

What about CAT fur? I have a 20 year old cat that tbh doesn't go out and is pretty much waiting for God. Wondering if I shaved a few handfuls off and spread that about...................... ;)

What about CAT fur? I have a 20 year old cat that tbh doesn't go out and is pretty much waiting for God. Wondering if I shaved a few handfuls off and spread that about...................... ;)
Shaved pussies have many advantages, but I am not sure that is one of them............

Poison the feckers. Need to withdraw all other food sources first

Shaved ******* have many advantages, but I am not sure that is one of them............

Poison the feckers. Need to withdraw all other food sources first
:slap

Thinking the scratching noises have stopped................just waiting for the smell to confirm it's worked! Didn't fancy the other option:

shaved-cat-2_zpsc9c2afb2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: