Question About Rottweiler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dea Gegechkori

Reaction score
I have 6 years old rottweiler and he has gone gray. I'am interested in what is the matter with his organizm? or is there some system disfunction and how can i cure him

Hey people this is a fair question, in the correct forum, I don't know the answer but will ask in the morning when I go into work, if Ppatch does not get on first

i didn't ask this question to make someone laugh about it. i want to know what does the professionals think about it because i want to know how to cure him. please don't write spam here

thank u very much if you will be so kind and tell me what to do :)

Hey people this is a fair question, in the correct forum, I don't know the answer but will ask in the morning when I go into work, if Ppatch does not get on first

Dogs do vary in when and how they turn grey, however, are talking about the actual hair turning gray-white all over or on big splotches? it may be vitilagio, a condition still being researched as to why it happens, most dogs turn that way and stay that way or get more white with time, while others get most of their colour back with some areas still affected.

usually the hair, skin, and nose and mouth pigment are affected to.

there is no known treatment, it is suspected to be heredetary and breeding of such animals is not recommended. it usually strikes after 2 years of age and some suspect it might be stress related or immune related, but most dogs are otherwise healthy.

now if it is skin you are referring to, if its not improving and your vet has done skin scrapes with negative results, you might want to consider a skin biopsy to test.

just a suggestion, see your local vet.

I don't know the answer, hopefully Patch will, if not I will ask my sister in the morning,she owns 3  of them, and owns a kennels so may know something.

They are lovely dogs.

WTF. Old dogs go grey. Like old people.

Unaware of any pathological condition that would cause it.

If dog is not itchy, not bald and well in itself stop fretting

WTF. Old dogs go grey. Like old people.

Unaware of any pathological condition that would cause it.

If dog is not itchy, not bald and well in itself stop fretting
You don't have to be old to go grey, I did it at at twenty five, 30 years later I'm still grey:)

Some dogs actually turn gray at a young age. This is something that can
be chalked up to genetics! While it is unlikely that there is an
underlying condition there are certain metabolic conditions that can
lead to changes in the hair. If you have noticed any other changes in
your dog your veterinarian may wish to run simple blood tests to rule
out any other conditions.