Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBS Dave

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
SBS TRADE SALES -  Homepage

​

ATTACHED IS MY LATEST PRICE LIST

​

Also, for the latest postings, go to the last page of this topic

5 PRICE LIST SPRING 2016 - Notes.jpg

5 PRICE LIST SPRING 2016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some pictures of installs using your compact RCBO's already on the forum, Those that  are mine please feel free to use them here David.

And well done on the trade only stance :Applaud   :Salute .

It is a decision my local supplier has just taken also "Diy'ers take too long deciding, then want to know how to fit the stuff. Not what you need with regulars waiting to be served"

I like the concept of the dual busbar compact rcbo boards.

Care to post some example prices for say a 10 way board with those?

This thread needs to be made a sticky if you have no website to refer to, otherwise it will fall off the bottom of the forum if not regularly bumped.

EDIT.

Note to self, look at ALL the attachments before posting :coat

I love them as said no flying leads so you can get a neat consumer unit especially as they are the same size as an MCB. I meant to take some pics of the ones I just fitted on a job. It was a bad day though think I finished at about 9 PM. I did take a few external pics will have to post them.

I generally use RCBO's these days as most of my stuff is domestic. I have been using MK with TD line RCBO's as you can do a CU change for a reasonable price. Trouble is you have all the blue neutral leads to loose and the earth leads also. Standard consumer units were never designed for standard RCBO's. 

I dont get the multi split idea. An RCBO feeds a MCB. That means the overload on the RCBO is being shared by the MCB & any cable connected directly in ? 
Surely it's no different to an "ordinary" split load board, just more "split"...........I assume the RCBO amperage is selected to cope with it's own circuit plus the MCB circuits?

But an rcbo has overload protection. A 'normal' split board its an rcd only
I understand that. But on the assumption that the overload element of the rcbo is greater than that of any of the MCBs it feeds there should be no discrimination issues etc so doesn't the RCBO in effect act as a "cheap" RCD for those MCB circuits and the overload bit become redundant EXCEPT for it's own circuit?.

I will respond to each point in turn later today.

Below are 3 photos of a MultiSplit Board, for those jobs where the customer WON'T PAY FOR A FULL-RCBO Board.

This represents about 2% of my business.

SDC12072.JPGSDC12108.JPGSDC12110.JPG

Now you've seen the photos and for those who get it, you will be saying what a cheaper way to meet 17th Edition, minimise nuisance trip and fit in a space no bigger than an existing Wylex 3036 unit. A 10-circuit installation would have 5 zones, with no more than 2 circuits going off at any one time. The unit shown is £46.00 + VAT plus 3 of your own MCBs ( which you will have in buckets full). Of course if the customer will pay for a Full-RCBO board, then that's the best option.

Slipshod - you do get it,because you describe the function of  overload, fault and shock protection to each sub-circuit. The extra cable links you mention are far less than the spaghetti junction links in a "Split Board".

OnOff -  You are right, because more splits means less nuisance trip, which presumably is a good idea. Also the "overload bit" becomes a current limiter for the sub-circuit, a feature not offered by a 17thEdition Board.

NozSpark - Please elaborate on your comments, which presumably refer to BSEN60439.

SBS Dave

Thanks to the guys who have used my stuff and rated it highly.  There is no question that the Compact RCBO approach is a major step forward.

But of course, you won't know until you try a Compact Board on your next suitable job.

ProDave - thanks for the advice on the "sticky". Perhaps you could instruct me on how to do it.

Hi Dave. Maybe i used the wrong words.I do get it but cant see the point. I am not putting down your product, it seems very good & will try it next time this item is needed. However i cant see myself ever fitting the multisplit board as if money is that tight i would just fit a £50 MK duel Rcd board from Screwups.

Thanks M107/Canoeboy for getting me stuck!!

Slipshod - I value your opinion and I know you weren't criticising.

All I am saying is that, if you are fitting a 10-way board, the best option is a Full-RCBO board, next best is a MultiSplit, next a 17th Edition Split Board and last an RCD as a Main Switch, looked at as minimising nuisance trip.

If the job is a 6-circuit one and both money and SPACE is a consideration, then the MultiSplit may be a better fit at a slightly cheaper price. All my customers, of course, fit Full-RCBO boards where possible, that's why MultiSplit is only 2% of sales.

SDC12696.JPGENC-9S with CRBs.JPGENC-12S with RCBs.JPGENC-18S with RCBs.JPG

Hi Guys (and Girls?),

If you have looked at my Price List, you will see a range of IP65 enclosures listed. I am in the process of introducing them into the UK, initially the ENC-9S, ENC-12S and ENC-18S. It is not a perfect range, but it does lend itself more to the Standard tall RCBOs, with the neutral and earth leads at the bottom. The neutral / earth bar can be fitted at the top or the bottom and the Main Switch can be L/H or R/H.

Rather than me listing their Features and Benefits, I have attached photos, so that hopefully I will get some constructive feedback. Customers who have seen the samples, like them, especially for the Standard RCBOs and of course for my most popular product the Compact RCBO.

SBS Dave

MEM board-before & after CRBs.jpg

Hi, me again.

Found this photo of one of my customer's jobs, where he converted a non-RCD MEM board to a fully Compact RCBO one.

I would normally recommend the Main Switch be changed to mine, but he kept the original, which meant he used the existing tails and used the existing Main Switch for isolation of all circuit RCBOs, which means no pulling of the Main Fuse.

Reduction of the length of the neutrals and routing them to the RCBOs, made the whole board less cluttered and neater.

Worth considering if the existing enclosure is in good condition.

SBS Dave

Dave,

do you do metal clad enclosures?

I have a metal clad MEM to replace, so if not, then its good to know someone has already retro fitted your RCBOs into one.