2330 Level 3 - Still Available?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had an email from a lad I was at college with doing the 2330. I went on to do Level 3 - he didn't and now wants to do. I was awarded mine in August 2011 and was fairly sure it was being replaced with something else? 235* rings a bell?

What's his best option. Assume he wants to do part time.

Cheers

My apprentice was caught in this trap.  He completed his level 2, 2330 with another employer.  He was then made redundant.  I took him on and he signed up at college to do his level 3, 2330, only to be told on his first day at college that he'd missed the deadline date to sign on for the level 3 2330 and as a result there was no funding for him to do the level 3 2330.  He has had to do the complete new qualification (think its 2357) which is 42 months long so unsurprisingly he was a little miffed.  

Soto answer the question I'm pretty sure that there is now no funding for the 2330 so no colleges are likely to be running them now

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a chat with a guy;  2330 is discontinued,  no funding available.

2356 is the new Tech cert, and 2357 is the amalgamated qualification

which encapsulates an NVQ with it.

Hope this helps.

Zeespark,  The new qualification apparently encompassess both level 2 and 3 so the college say he has to do all of the course.  Initially they even said his previous qualification counted for nothing in relation to the new couse.  After wading through the course handbook issued to colleges (600 or so pages) I found that he could claim accredited prior learning which basically meant that he could use his previous qualification to count for some of the units.  It took me over 9 months of argueing with the college before they would credit him with them.  However it doesn't shorten his course just reduces the hours per day he's there.  I'll be glad when he has qualified, its been a long battle to sort out things for him.  

But your 2360 was HARDER than 2330, was it not?

Is that why it was watered down into the 2330 as it

was?

It was harder Tech, yes, and I am actually thankful for that. Before the 2330 came out, and after the 2360 was phased out, the 2351 was brought in because the kids couldnt pass the mathematics elements of the 2360. It was a carp course, and the powers that be recognised this, and the 2330 was subsequently born. Having looked at the 2365 paperwork, its the closest thing to the 2360 after the 2360 was disbanded.

Andy Guinness

The level 2 may well be easier with all the online exams involved. I would be doubtful that the level 3 is any easier.