Prosecution Under Which Regulations?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adammid

Reaction score
Does anyone know what regulations you would be prosecuted under if you created a situation that gives rise to an electric shock?

Homework question by any chance? if so, have a read of 114 & Appendix 2 in your regs book for more information. 

Doc H.

A differentiation may need to be made between the fact

in a workplace and the fact outside a workplace.  First

thing to be considered is Tort Law;  Negligence.

Does anyone know what regulations you would be prosecuted under if you created a situation that gives rise to an electric shock?
Go on, come clean, what have you done? 
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

TNKS Canoe;  I am writing something about this.

Came in just right.

I think so Doc,

I answered without realising,

another related one also, at least its in the student zone.
Does this mean you would not have answered if you had realised it was a homework question? What is wrong with using resources that are on hand to assist with homework etc?

While we don't mind helping you with any question that you might have,,, homework or real life,, we don't want to do your homework for you... you wouldn't learn anything if that was the case.

What we would prefer is that you ask a question for confirmation of your thoughts or working out and we'll then guide you towards the correct answer.

Does this mean you would not have answered if you had realised it was a homework question? What is wrong with using resources that are on hand to assist with homework etc?
Almost every tutor in any good educational establishment will suggest you have a go at answering a question first then present your answer so that more practical guidance can be given if you have any miss understanding. Just asking someone else to spoon feed answers to you has never been an effective learning method and can be considered lazy expecting others to do your work for you and typically breeds a resentment to help with any further questions.

You will always get far more help from all members on the forum if your posted a question with a format such as; I think the answer to 'xyz' is 'abc', but I am a bit unclear if I have missed something because I though regulation '123' also applied.  Please can anyone confirm if I am working on the right lines?. Some typical well structured questions can be seen with Missswedens transformer question,  http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/23030-revision-transformers/  Or Redmans question about test results, http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/23016-advice-needed-on-test-results/

If you follow the basic structure "Provide detail, offer your interpretation, ask your question." I am sure you will get far better response.

Doc H.

By all means ask questions and people will help, but you will find they only give the definite answer, however when giving this answer people are assuming you are on a similar level and understand the reasoning behind where this answer comes from, by offering your thoughts/solutions when asking any question you will gain much more depth in an answer, also you will find it easier( hopefully) to understand, it's not stupid to ask questions, its only stupid to think you should already know everything........ With the exception to my wife who actually does know everything.....except my password to this forum.....so up hers! ......(looking over shoulder)