Satnavs...love 'em Or Hate 'em ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set off early this morning to do a job south of Banbury in Oxfordshire ,  just leaving Brum by the Jag works the radio says motorway is slowing down  so we opt for the A road .

This seemed to upset the american tart who lives within my satnav , she throws a wobbly and goes quiet.

Some miles later , not concentrating , she suddenly says "Turn left  at the rotory"  (Island)  next thing we know we're grinding to a halt in the Coventry morning madness , and boy do they have some traffic around their ring road !!! :facepalm:     its worse than Brum .    Half hour on the journey while the daft tart takes us on a great loop the loop tour of the sites before depositing us onto the M40.

I understand that the satelites used belong to the CIA  or someone ...I reckon they wait for me to switch on and sabotage my journey .  :yawn  

Hmmmmm..........UNDECIDED! Got the top of the range  £300 Tomtom  (aka thieving bastads) WHEN it works it is fantastic BUT when it's playing up it's a *****!

if you don't update (I think Live Services and Maps come out about £100pa on top) you find some fixed speed cameras that have been in place for like 10 years no longer flag up. Pay 'em £50 and they magically reappear. 

And the Bluetooth link to one of THREE phones frequently drops out which is a pain.

Another brand next time!

AND I wasted a tenner on a K.I.T.T voice which sound more like George Takei!

i have a sat nav, but dont use it much, i can usually look at a map and find my way to just about anywhere in the country from that. if anything, its only used for the last bit of the journey once i get somewhere close. or when driving through london

I've not used the bluetooth satnav for ages, last time we were going on holiday & I'd put a dalek voice on it (the kids are Doctor who mad), it was set up linked to the phone......"turn it up dad turn it up" so the volume goes up & the dalek is directing me on to the M5 at Honiton, when my phone vibrates  for an in coming text message.........Now I didn't know that the satnav will speak the text message...ever heard a Dalek effing & jeffing about a shite electrician & can I help sort the shite out as the other spark has left him up shite creek with out a chuffing paddle let alone a certificate?

The bluetooth connection was soon disconnected never to be reconnected.

My satnav disappeared last time I moved. Probably just as well, my sense of direction is so bad that it did usually override the TomTom anyway :D

The only time I miss it is if i have to drive to London, but luckily that doesn't happen very often.

I have a fairly basic tomtom sat av.

Just put a free voice on it.....any guesses as to who it may be?

First clue....male

Second clue to narrow it down a bit....he is a bit of a perv and is on TV!
Basil Brush

My twat nav has a sense of humour, more than once he's sent me the wrong way up a oneway street after weve had a row  :)

ah, Mr Lemon I presume,  :D

I had Mr Osbourne on mine for a while, but it was so F'in realistic you had passed the junction while it was still stuttering,  FFS headbang

I normally use a map or A-Z and maybe the sat-nav for the last mile or so to find the actual street,

I was on a job and needed to be 6 mile away, sat-nav route - 27 mile!!!!!!!!

Funny that Deke I am an expert on the streets of Coventry. Now me and the lad that went to Elex last year got lost in Coventry. So I know it like the back of my hand. The sat nav I have is hopeless got us seriously lost we drove around for a couple of hours. Members of the forum couldn't help. I think if I went to Coventry again I would still get lost. Its a bit like Reading. I have been lost there a few times to.