Ck Triton Xls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toml

Reaction score
In 2 words ABSOLUTE CRAP!

the largest flat screwdriver head has bent while (not even put too much strain on them) the same on the smaller ones and on the smallest flathead screwdriver, it has chipped out the corner.........and only a month old

Not impressed!!

Im sure my first set were free with a Wylex consumer unit?  Converted ever since :)

Got a nice set of 7 of those Wera's in a case, without the neon. Had to add an 8mm flat to it but I'm well impressed. I keep searching fleabay for a bargain set to back them up. Also added the two plus/minus ones for the fun of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents, We are very concerned to pick this thread up

Our Triton XLS screwdrivers have proven to be very robust - we have sold hundeds of thousands and have an exceptionaly low returns rate

The manufacture of all screwdrivers blades is covered by European standards that prescribe the minimum torque the screwdriver has to deliver before failure - our screwdrivers exceed that requirement by up to 90%

As with everything a screwdriver is an engineering compromise - we have to achieve the tricky balance of making the blade hard enough to resist wear, yet not so hard it becomes too brittle

For smaller sized screwdrivers, it is always possible to overpower them, particularly with the modern high grip handle materials now used - For instance it is completely possible to apply a torque of 15Nm by hand (NASA published research) yet say a 4mm slotted screwdriver (according to the minimum standards prescribd by ISO2380-2) needs only to cope with 2.6Nm.

In tests our TritonXLS blades achieve 4.95Nm - so those of you with muscles like Popeye are going to get through a lot of screwdrivers - no matter what make!             

In general, failures such as chipping are the result of using the wrong size screwdriver for the screw being driven or using it as a chisel or can opener, nevertheless we take this issue very seriously. If Toml sends a PM we will arrange for collection of the screwdrivers, put them through our QA process and will happily replace them.

C.K Tools     

never used the triton xls, but used the sensoplus for many years without many problem. those that have broke are wear and tear, an not helped that they are sometimes used for something other than driving screws...

Just checked and mine are also the sensoplus and not the Triton xls range so cant really comment on TomL situation. 

I only have them in the smaller sizes as that is what my local wholesaler stocks and they have been purchased at random I think from last year when I have previuosly lost a screwdriver.

Sorry CK but I still prefer wera's as the tips are really grippy but thats just my own personal opinion.  However the sensoplus handles are better as they have more rubber material on them.

Suppose its all swing and roundabouts!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought those cks and they are poney! Mine are all either bent or have corners out of them! Never buy ck screw drivers again!

The old ones were better. I'm not old enough to have had some 20years back but 10 years ago yes. I must admit it is usually the 4mm slotted that I have issues with. This isn't just CK, but all the brands I have tried. Mybe I should turn my torque setting down on my elbow. My CK 5.5 slotted and Pz2 seem to be doing well. PZ2 only recently coming into action as I snapped my Irazola (gutted). I understand what CK is saying about it being a fine line. If they went the other way we would all be complaining that the tips wore too soon. Hard ot please us consumers.

I'm currently using a cheap Steeple 4mm slotted from Denams as I didn't have receipt to get Ck replaced and I'm not paying £6 every few weeks.

I know this post is old, but I wish I had read it before. Unfortunately I decided to go with these as well and I have to admit, I am not impressed. Brought them back and did not even try to exchange them. Went with an option from Ox Tools instead and that turned out far better. Again, I’ll never get the CK Triton again, or anything associated with it….