Hotpoint Aquarius Wmf540P Washing Machine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mipak

Reaction score
Ii has become necessary for me to replace the front facia panel ... the one that contains the detergent dispenser and all the buttons etc.

I have the instruction manual but it doesn't cover taking the machine apart ... ie. what screws to undo first etc. etc. (I don't want to wreck it!) ... so what I'm looking for is a service manual although that might not be the correct name for it.

I've been in touch with Hotpoint but they don't seem to have them ... which struck me as rather strange.

Can anyone help please?

Michael.

TBH, IF I ever bother with domestic appliances, I just take bits off until I get to where I want to be, change the part and then go in reverse!!! ;)

Don't do domestic appliances very often, but do much larger more complex machines regularly, and use this philosophy regularly.

Just don't break anything or mix any bits up.

You could try this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Washing-Machine-Manual-Fault-finding/dp/1844253481

Saying which I have a tumble dryer in bits at the moment awaiting a part, trouble is it's very inconvenient, as its ours!

Only a suggestion but look at the back at the top.

There may be two or four screws that hold the top

in place.  If you remove them, the top (as a rule)

slides off and reveals the internals at the top of the

machine.

That was how I got into a Bendix (Grrrr....!!!)  to take

out and renew a multiplexer switch.

Whatever you do, go gently.

I also found this;

Download Manual | Hotpoint Service

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for your suggestions.

I looked at both links for manuals and discounted the Haynes because, although they have a good reputation, it appeared to be about washing machines in general whereas I am looking for a manual perculiar to this particular model.  The second link related to the basic instruction manual/user guide which came with the machine.  I already have that and it only gives basic info. such as how to switch it on etc. etc.

I'm very loath to start fiddling with something I know nothing about but unless someone knows where I can locate the proper 'strip down' manual, what I think I will have to do is to very gently 'attack' the screws at the back, have a good look around the inside-top ... and take it from there!

Wish me luck!

Thanks to both of you.

Michael.

Remove two screws that secure the lid on, these are found at rear. Slide lid backwards and lift off.

At the front of the machine you have to remove the dial, however if it is old there is a high chance of this breaking the lock tabs on the rear of it that holds it in place. Also Hotpoint do not make a replacement anymore if white.

Inside top front the front facia has one or two screws that hold it in place. Should add that the rear of the dispenser may be held on to the front only on some models.

TBH it is fairly obvious once you have removed the lid and the dial.

Thanks so much for that ...

From the front, it 'looks like' the facia can be lifted away from the dial and buttons once the inside screws etc. have been undone.

Not sure ... but I'll soon find out.

Now I must order the facia etc. and once that's here, I'll be able to ,make a start.

Stay tuned ...

michael.