A Sick Bird

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well i finally managed to get 10 posts here before my bird dies while am trying to get advice so that's progress !

i have a nightingale bird .. probably male both look similiar so not sure over 3 years old probably
few days ago the bird was unable excrete after few hours of attempts of hot water bath and oil massage
i was able to get him to excrete finally

however the problem did not stop at that the bird nearly non-active which he used to be active alot
i noticed a yellow spot on the vent just above the anus
and the anus it self keep constantly moving in and out " not hanging out " or anything weird out of it

but bit red and he keeps trying to reach it

but still constantly moving and the bird seem in pain every time he excrete
and swining his tail every time he does as if he trying to get something out after excreting
am strictly having him currently on vegetables that will allow him to excrete easily " cucumber , apple fruits and vetegables in general "
due to the lack of any vet or pet medicines in my area i was forced to go with human medicines

some people who have pigons adviced me to use human antiibotic
called " Tetracycline " 500 mg pill into 100 ml of water started it yesterday
the bird is eating well but very inactive weather in movement or singing
any help is approicated and please strict the help to things i can do keeping in mind
there are no vets .. or animal medicines around here
thanks in advance

here is a pic of the yellow thing near the vent
looks swollen in the pic that taken before he was able to get out
but now it's not that swollen but still yellow and there that been going on for 4 days now

http://www13.0zz0.com/2013/05/30/20/572798620.jpg

plush he seem to be pecking the feather off one of his legs now there is no feather there

like scratching it or something

any tip is approicated

You need to find a vet who knows something about birds. Sounds very sick. Not sure I can help in any way

well that's the problem .. i live in syria

and at the moment there is more dead people than birds

i'll probably be one as well if i went looking for a vet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.