Washing Machine Died

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night while our washing machine was finishing its cycle it let out its death call,,, it made one hell of a noise, as if it was dancing around the kitchen but it was still as you like.. Anyway, we let the machine finish its spin emptied it and checked it out.... It seemed OK so I put the noise down to an imbalance in the load, put the next load in and went out to help the Mrs hang the wet stuff out dry.

When I went back into the kitchen I nearly went A over T in a puddle.. Thank F we have a tiled floor! So I empty the machine and check it out...... The hose between the powder tray and the drum had split and I think some of it had fallen between the drums (hence the noise)

TBH the machine has done us proud.... We bought it in 1993 and its gone through two or three sets of brushes, a door seal, a belt and motor control board (£35 off eBay).... Like I say... for an Indesit its not done bad

Not bad for a Indeshit

Bought a Washer Dryer same make main board had to be changed under warranty twice and a third time all in 18 months ditched after 2 years when it went again bought a Bosch after that no problem

Sorry, I have to disagree with you there ;) its extremely good for any machine, never mind indeshite (although I'm sure that the older machines must have been made much better than they are now)

and what a coincidence,,, the replacements a Bosch :)

and it was free :) :) :) :)

I am about to replace my machine;  not interested in

new but could anyone recommend a particular make?

It does not have to be a drier as well;  light use and I

do a lot of my laundry by hand.

I am about to replace my machine;  not interested in

new but could anyone recommend a particular make?

It does not have to be a drier as well;  light use and I

do a lot of my laundry by hand.
Look here, genuine advice:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/buying-advice.html

I've had great service and good prices from http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/?gclid=CJyBgZvc2bcCFTMQtAodKTcAaQ

From what I've read the newer Hotpoints out of interest have modern Indesit guts like sealed drums which are not so good i.e. not so friendly to home repairs etc. Also the cheaper Bosch stuff may be made in Spain rather than Germany and stamped "Made in EU". We have A Hotpoint and thank Christ we have a service agreement on it!