Carpel Tunnel And Numb Hands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejusty1

Reaction score
Good evening guys. I'm new here. Just a query, does anyone get carpel tunnel and numb hands. I'm not sure if its work related. I believe I'm getting dodgy hands from cycling, but it also hurts while I work. I am getting it checked out. I just wanted to know if anyone else suffers like me.

My wife has just had both her hands done, minor operations for each. They will do tests to see if you do suffer from carpel tunnel. My wife states that whilst one hand is now fully operational and appears to be OK, her other hand still gives her some problems. Her last operation was around 7 weeks ago, so I suppose there is time.

My elderly mother had both hands done about 15 months ago. She didn't want to as the docs said there was only a 50% chance it would help but things got worse so she was operated on.  Local anesthetic, in and out very quick and it worked, no more pain.

I don't get pains but hand locks up sometimes and you can't clench. My mums had both hands done as she had carpel tunnel but seems alot better now

I don`t think its carpal tunnel I`ve got...........but its certainly carp :(

similar affected area as CTS - but radiates into the palm as well - predominantly on the right hand ( I`m left handed)

A combination of power tools, hacking walls with lumper & bolster; and occasionally when younger, using the flat of my hand as a makeshift hammer :(  

I had the same thing 2/3 years ago.  Thankfully it does

not bother me any more.  It was affecting both hands &

woke me up at night. (I would like other things to wake

me up every now and again but not this).

I took Black Cohosh as a herbal remedy and had tests

done by a very pretty nurse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thread.

If I am doing a LOT of hard physical work for a long time, then occasionally I wake up in the morning with my hands a bit numb and sort of tingling. It wears off quickly and is not a big issue.

It usually happens if I am doing some really physical work like digging or shifting lots of heavy stuff and is not normally a problem.

I had wondered if it was a sign of poor circulation (something my dad suffered from) but reading this thread a mild dose of CTS looks likely.

I might mention it to the quack next time I see him, but certainly would not consider surgery as it only affects me very occasionally when doing a prolonged spell of serious physical work.

Interesting thread.

If I am doing a LOT of hard physical work for a long time, then occasionally I wake up in the morning with my hands a bit numb and sort of tingling. It wears off quickly and is not a big issue.

It usually happens if I am doing some really physical work like digging or shifting lots of heavy stuff and is not normally a problem.

I had wondered if it was a sign of poor circulation (something my dad suffered from) but reading this thread a mild dose of CTS looks likely.

I might mention it to the quack next time I see him, but certainly would not consider surgery as it only affects me very occasionally when doing a prolonged spell of serious physical work.
Surgery was DEFINITELY something I wanted to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has had both wrists done, My Mother also and my daughter had both of hers done when she was about 14. The surgeon was very interested as he had never done somebody so young. 

which one cured it???
:slap   :slap

The encounter with the nurse was shocking,  truly

shocking Mish Moneypenny.

She was passing currents up and down my arms

with NO additional protection and the reads were

30mA.