Elecsa Assessment Tomorrow!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga electrical

Reaction score
Hi all, i have my first elecsa assessment tomorrow and to be honest i am nervous. Anybody had an assessment recently? what am i likely to be asked? 

Thanks for the reply,

I have 9 years experience, held my nvq3 for 6 of those aswell as 17th edition. My concern is the testing as i have not completed any relevent courses for it, i am booked on the 2394 and 2395 but couldnt seem to get a date before the assessment.

They had their payment months ago, got biscuits in especially and i think i have all the books and other bits they asked for in the pack sent out. I think majority is just nerves, i tend to crack under pressure. Is it right that you can cross reference publications if you dont know the answer off the top of your head?

Don't let the Canoey Boy wind you up  pal.... ;)       Basically if your cheque cleared , as Canoey says,  you're in ,  stop worrying ,  they need your membership or they may as well pack it in .  

But like doing exams or driving test , it does cause nerves .

If you have all the required bull shi.... erm ..paperwork  so he can tick boxes .. you'll be fine .  WHen you say your testing is a bit iffy though ...I presume you have a tester  C/with calibration cert.  

If you've been on the tools for nine years you should  be fine .  As far as I am aware they don't refuse anyone ......  Jeez they had me FFS !!!! :C

WHatever you haven't got he will put down as non compliances and you have a period to get them in place ( although you should have them at this time   TBH)

Just go with it  ...the guy sits on the bog like the rest of us ....and its better than having your leg off with a rusty hacksaw  :eek:

Oh   And let us know how you got on .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have megger Mft1710 with calibration cert proving unit and all other "must have" testing equiptment and all publications required. Like you say im probably just worrying for nothing. I appreciate the support and advice guys and by 1300hrs tomorrow will post and let you all know how i got on.

Did you get the biscuits?  Be nice to your assessor, have everything organised to make the visit easy for him.  You'll pass easily so stop worrying!

Hi fellas, just finished my assessment and was graded an A. Only thing picked up on was disconnection times as tysoft easycert had auto filled them all as 0.4 (can only blame myself for not checking). Made me do Ze, Zs, Ring continuity, rcd and insulation resistance. Asked me to select correct cable size and protection for a fictional install , bathroom zones, safe zones, different earthing systems and so on. Its not as bad as i had thought.

And the funny thing is you'll have exactly the same worrying feeling the night before next years assessment. I get worried every assessment lol :) well done for passing tho matey

im considering the nic domestic installer route , been doing non notifiable work for the last 2 years , and recently passed 17th regs, part p, and 2392 testing, purchased a megger 1720 and getting used to its many features , i rang the nic and explained ill be fresh installing a RCBO board all circuits, they said yes that would be fine, can anyone tell me from experience what they will require me to do when they arrive, i plan on fitting the day before assessment and filling out EIC , i guess they'll want me to demonstrate r1 r2 at furthest points on lighting and ZE test s and Zs etc , if anyone has prior knowledge to know what to expect then please let us know, i have Mcvities Milk chocolate digestives and Twinnings tea on the ready ; O)

They should basically go through every test that you would normally carry out including safe isolation.

They should also quiz you, as you go, to get an idea of your understanding of the regs... If you don't know anything then admit it and look it up in the regs

do you not need 2 notifiable jobs?

If you are not registered you should notify building control before you start. If you pass assessment you can not notify those jobs as you need to be registered before you start.

Got all the paper work ready?

Torque screw drivers,

Lock off kit,

insurance,

They have a a sheet and will get you to do,

Safe isolation,

Ze, Zs, R1+R2, RCD test,

dont normally ask for insulation resistance.

Few questions, and some other stuff.