Hdmi And Pink Screen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got an LG blu ray / usb player the other day. connected it to TV with HDMI lead. after a few minutes, the picture froze for a few seconds every so often, then fine after that. until earlier - got a pink screenm unplugged TV & blu ray and switched back on. all working normal. then pink screen again. unplugged and switched back on. now it doesnt work, TV just has a black screen

tried swapping hdmi ports, re-setting the output form blu ray etc, but still nothing. any ideas?

I get similar due to one of the pins in the HDMI lead being slightly bent/depressed - can see it looking at the plug. Keep meaning to get a new lead. Have to have it set "just right". Try another cable first.

Canoeboy said:
I know your from up north - so remember don't buy cheap HDMI leads - false economy :slap
me? buy a cheap lead? i was in no way tempted to by one for £1.75 from CPC, and make use of their free P&P offer...

but then i wouldnt get it til tuesday, and some of you will know just how impatient i am