Hotpoint Aquarius Df61 Not Cleaning Properly.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher which this week has stopped cleaning properly. Its worked fine up till now but the glasses and crockery have a white film. I have tried the usual cleaned filters spray arms ETC. but its still not working correctly. I have looked on the white goods forum but general consensus  is repairs are not DIY. any suggestions as to the fault?

It'll be a blocked pipe off of the drain pump, your washer is recycling dirty water and the white residue is the powder/tab/liquid after drying.

Our dishwasher did the same months ago, tip from the repair guy was to run the machine empty once a month with a cup full of white vinegar tipped in the bottom.

If you want to fix it, remove the washer from it's recess (sometimes that's the hardest part) and turn it over on one side.

Then from the bottom you should be able to see the sump, drain pump and all hoses.

Chances are it's the long grey corrugated discharge hose that's blocked.  Inclip it from the pump and have a look.  If you  can't face the task of unblocking it, a new discharge hose is quite cheap. 

different appliance but we had a washing machine getting blocked and was told to run it at least once a month on high temp (90 degrees) empty to flush out old powder and stuff out as doing a 30/40 degrees just doesn't get rid of it all and builds up, sounds like same sort of problem with dishwashers.

wayne

These dishwashers have minds of their own.

My partner told me of the travails that plagued

her in connection with her own Bosch model.

Had the panels off both sides and it transpired

that the floats were hung up on gunge in their

float chambers.

Well I stripped it apart the plastic chamber with different chambers had a blockage so after a lot of effort cleared it put it all back together its now not filling correctly so I haven't put something back together right.. I am losing the will to live with it. I really have not got the patience to fiddle with it any more. I can get a basic Indeset for about £200. This may be the way forward. 

In what was is in "not filling correctly"?

That's normally just a solenoid valve on the cold water feed.

If it has a small plastic hose fitted to the valve as well, then that's an "anti overfill" pipe.  Forget to connect that and the machine will over fill and probably flood.

Well we finally got the new dishwasher. I brought a Baumatic one as they are a bit shorter so hope fully would fit the gap better. So we did about four washes which all seemed fine but this evening an error code came up which basically was lack of water. So I took the hose of checked filters and they were blocked. Hardly any water was getting through. There was also some grainy crystals blocking filter. I have noticed the water softener has not been using much salt lately. I have bypassed the water softener and its now working fine. So it now seems the old dishwasher was not faulty it was the water softener which was stopping the dishwasher getting enough water. Bit peeved as the new one certainly is not the same quality. You live and learn though.

Not sure maybe it cleans the pipes out, on a different note Who knows about water softeners and why i'm getting grainy bits in my pipes and if so are they harmful.

We run with a dishwasher cleaner maybe 4 times per year. Our hottest setting is 65°.

I did once put some soda crystals through mine to really dissolve some grease. Seemed to help.