In Serious Need Of Help! 2365 Environmental Technologies Exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas0n

Reaction score
Today I had two attempts at the city and guilds 2365 environmental technologies exam and failed. From what we have learnt about this subject at college was not a bit close to what I had to answer in the test. I was so angry that I had not been taught these topics.

Teachers excuses were they were not given the material to teach us that so in depth. I was absolutely fuming. I will have to retake the exam next Monday but that will be the last day at college. I cannot afford to fail this, I've had to pay out my own pocket for this course and am not looking to ruin it at the end.

If anybody has done this and knows of any good sources of revision online I would be so grateful.

Jason

Forgot to add these are the topics on the test

Know the fundamental working principles of micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies 10 Know the fundamental requirements of building location/building features for the potential to install micro-renewable and water conservation systems to exist 9 Know the fundamental regulatory requirements relating to micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies 4 Know the typical advantages and disadvantages of micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies

Today I had two attempts at the city and guilds 2365 environmental technologies exam and failed. From what we have learnt about this subject at college was not a bit close to what I had to answer in the test. I was so angry that I had not been taught these topics.

Teachers excuses were they were not given the material to teach us that so in depth. I was absolutely fuming. I will have to retake the exam next Monday but that will be the last day at college. I cannot afford to fail this, I've had to pay out my own pocket for this course and am not looking to ruin it at the end.

Can't answer your question Jason... 

But surely you have grounds to claim a refund???

If a student has paid a fee to learn a topic to pass an exam...

But the training organization doesn't give sufficient teaching, course material or other information to allow the average person to get a reasonable pass of the said exam....

Then they must be breaching trading standards or something by receiving money from potential students who could never pass from the teaching they give?

:C

Jason, was this an examination in written form?

What word count was expected?  Are there any

other terms of reference?

Special Location has a point;  drawing down the

funds for training while not adhering to the strict

standards required is technically fraudulent practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the 210? I'm doing that on Friday.

Does you college subscribe to Smartscreen? http://www.smartscreen.co.uk/index.html Everything you need to revise is on there.

Otherwise try Swindon Massive and see if you can find the relevant subject on there.
I remember at college that during our L2 2330 course the college failed to pay it's subs to Swindon Massive so that as a learning resource was out of the window for the people who had been using it!

Would have thought the OP should have been given an outline of what was expected, see here, p22 onwards:

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Building_Services_Industry/Electrical_Installation/2365/2365_Level_3/Centre_documents/2365-03_L3_Diploma_Qualification_handbook_v1-3.pdf

Onoff;  that looks like the entire course manual.

Elsevier have published a fantastic book on this

and allied topics.  Can I find it? Have to find the

ISBN.

There is the smart screen but thats just like a projection from the college computer and that has folders of the learning material they have only. I had looked at swindon massive at the free material and it does not cover as much in depth as what is in the test.

and also to who asked if it was written, It is not this test is multiple choive online. I know there is a book out now which i had only found out last night but my last chance to do this is monday. By time i would receive the book i would hardly get enough time to learn it.