Cat Poo!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISSWWW

Reaction score
Why does my new (13 weeks) cross Yorkshire/Border Terrier keep eating Cat Poo?

Can i stop it?

Can i shoot the cat?

I feel for you,

I used to have a bad problem of cat poo in my back garden,

I am reliably informed that anti freeze is a good solution, ;)

Somewhere the dog cant get it obviously.

Me too my daughters dog keeps rolling in it has had 4 baths in the last few days. I am going to invest in one of the PIR scarer thingies.

Its not just a dog its a new business............cat poo removal machine..................first customer-Steptoe

My dog used to scrap with the cat when it (the cat) caught anything. It'd worry the life out of it until the cat let it go or gave it up and the dog would wolf it down! A short while later the dog would "return" a tad softened it and the cat would knock it round the room again! Lovely animals!!

Just be careful about which type you get....

an elderly couple over the road from us have one which is connected to a water supply,,, if anything gets in front of it, it gives them a squirt!

Great!!! But the frigging thing must be ultra sonic and while the elderly couple can't hear it, us younger ones on the other side of the road can.. It is highly annoying :|

A hearing aid will pick it up as well as my dad found out when he came to my house and asked what the beeping noise was.  Took a minute to figure out it was the rodent deterent that only my dad could hear via his hearing aid.

Thanks for the advice, let me know about the PIR Batty and i may well invest.

I am surprised no one knows if if am at liberty to shoot them..........

Thanks for the advice, let me know about the PIR Batty and i may well invest. I am surprised no one knows if if am at liberty to shoot them..........
Yes, you are, as long as no one finds out, cats are not the same as dogs,

If you run over a cat in your car you can drive on, if its a dog you have to stop amd report it, AFAIAA,

I still think anti freeze is much better/nastier :|

I've never understood dog owners.

Most of them seem happy with their dog slobbering and drooling over them and licking them.

Now that you know what your dog eats, you might want to reconsider letting your dog do that.

I've never understood dog owners.

Most of them seem happy with their dog slobbering and drooling over them and licking them.

Now that you know what your dog eats, you might want to reconsider letting your dog do that.
Aghhh good point, i guess i might as well go out and eat the cat poo myself.....

Antifreeze not a nice way to go.

As far as I am aware you can shoot a not obviously owned cat. Depends what tools you have available.

Some of these repellents work. If you see the cat a supersoaker water pistol is fun and harmless.

Antifreeze not a nice way to go.

As far as I am aware you can shoot a not obviously owned cat. Depends what tools you have available.

Some of these repellents work. If you see the cat a supersoaker water pistol is fun and harmless.

unless you fill it with petrol and hold a match in front of it,  :slap

I think i will take the advice of the obvious expert, i won't let the dog lick my face (thanks Batty)

dogs licking faces really turns my stomach uurrrgghh. If you look for the thread started by Steps about cat poo in his garden there are lots of cat repellant suggestions that don't involve maiming the moggy concerned. I have 2 cats and a dog, so understand both sides of the argument. Basically dogs eat poo (especially bitchs) because they re-cycle the nutrients. Train them out of it if you can!!