Cat With Missing Fur/skin

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krista

Reaction score
My cat Sophie is about 2 years old, pure white, bright blue eyes, sweetest kitty ever. She's indoor/outdoor, and a very avid hunter. Lately her prey as been getting bigger (rabbits and squirrels) and recently I noticed a large patch of fur missing her her elbow. The skin is raw, red and bleeds sometimes. Knowing she's a hunter, I didn't think much of it, I just cleaned it up and kept my eye on it. Now these spots are popping up all over her, she's got atleast 4 now, on her elbow, back of her neck, throat and her head. I reapplyed her flea medication, it just seems to be getting worse. I was let go from my job and really have NO way to afford to take my poor girl to the vet. Is there anything I can do to soothe her wounds? To help her heal? Something non-toxic? She still eats, drinks, plays and sleeps like normal. She just can't stop cleaning herself. This has all happened in the past few days, she caught her first squirrel last weekend, is it possible she caught something from it? She's up to date on all her shots. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Again, if you're just going to say "take her to the vet", I can't afford it. Just looking for things I can do to help her. Thank you. :)

Hia Krista, I cant help with the issue, but just a bit of advice, do hang around for Apache. I have noticed that New York is your home town, which, with the time difference makes it about 22:55PM here, so if you dont get a response for the rest of your day there, dont worry its just the time difference. I hope your cat gets sorted, she sounds almost fearless for going for squirrels and rabbits.

Andy Guinness

Yeah, I'm in the US :( I couldn't find a better Vet forum than this one, sorry if it's an inconvenience.

Yeah, I'm in the US :( I couldn't find a better Vet forum than this one, sorry if it's an inconvenience.
Of course you couldn't! :D

Do you have a picture of the cat?

Sounds very odd.

My advice is to try and get seen by a vet - are there any charities in your city that offer vet care where money is an issue?

I will do the best I can from a picture.