General Advice As Opposed To A Problem...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnys can be easy or difficult pets.

Ample clean water.

Feed a pelleted food (where all as homogeneous pellets) as they can't sort out the bits they like the taste of.

Fruit and veg are fine, but feed regular small amounts - they are prone to digestive upsets by sudden changes in diet.

Advisable to vaccinate against myxamatosis and VHD.

Especially if long haired make sure that the bottom stays clean. Any faecal material around the anus attracts flies who lay eggs which hatch into maggots and eat the bunny alive. A product called Rearguard offers season long protection from a single application.

We do bath bunnies for medical reasons, it is not harmful. Usually not necessary.

Hay is a great bedding material and contributes useful fibre to the diet.

A male rabbit is the best choice, females get grumpy in spring.

Rabbits can get fleas from other rabbits, but will share cat and dog fleas. They can be treated with a product called Advantage.

Ask anything else specific you may want to know.

:D

Thanks alot for the advice all, this is the first pet that they have had and I don't want them to get into animal welfare issues due to lack of knowledge is all. Patch, do the vaccinations and Advantage cost much and could any reputable vet sort this if it hasn't been done so already?

Andy Guinness

Thats fine Patch, I will have a chat with Kerry in the morning, apparently they got the rabbit today, named it Jazz. It looks like the old biddies from the Wonga ad on TV have more jazz than this rabbit, but if it keeps a toddler happy, I am all for it to a point. Thanks again Patch.

Andy Guinness