Lcd Tv Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketflup

BDSM SUB & SWAGFAG™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, firstly Im pretty sure that I may well be posting this is in the wrong section, but cant find anything more suitable.....

Got an LCD telly/DVd combo made by Acoustic Solutions, not very old, has spent most of its time in storage tbh.

Tried to rig it up yesterday and it wont produce a picture, just a white screen. Sound is there but no pic, same on all settings. Ive had a trawl the the web and not found any thing, is there anyone on the forum knows about these things?

chewy, I thought of that and checked, its the same no matter what input is used, and running DVDs as well, get the sound just no picture.

M107 -im guessing a capacitor has fried or something. Sometimes you can put the model number and symptoms into google and get a fix, not been able to do that this time. Im not too shabby with a soldering iron and anti static strap, but don't know which bit to burn out repair

When I had trouble with my flat screen I got loads of info from some site & just remembered that "white screening" was due to the control board screw up.....a replacement board was said to be the fix.

will see if I can find the site I got the info from.

its an LCDW22DVD95F. Catchy little title eh? lol
I always look for the "obvious" blown capacitors in monitors etc, you know, lids split / slighty raised (domed) - look from the side and often quite apparent. Start at the power supply side. A quick Google on these usually will refer to caps going down. Better one of those than dicking around with piddly little SMD stuff!

Cricklewood Electronics often have the "odd" values that Maplin don't!