Cpc Led Floodlights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaps

I have a PIR floodlight on my shed that keeps failing. I have started a couple of threads asking for suggestions for replacements. Tried expensive and tried cheap.

Got the latest CPC offer brochure through. These were listed:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/673988.xml

IP65 rated (cf the usual 44). I fitted the 10W version.

Have a real 'quality' feel.

Also fitted two of these:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/674905.xml

From the same range without a PIR.

Again very impressed. Available right up to 50W.

I have fitted about 40 of this type , mainly 10W but also a few 20W (the same physical size) both Pir & normal and none have failed.   It seems even if you buy branded ones the fittings inside the box vary from each batch so it appears some' manufacturers' are buying in anything and badging them up. I have 2 from LED hut here that I am fitting next week.

If you can be bothered in the  rear box that used to be the  240v  connections is the driver, try swapping it to see what has failed.

Edit for Mr Kerching, as I mentioned above its because its simply a driver with the flex on in the rear box

If buying from CPC, don't forget to append 02 onto the end of the catalogue number to get the current special offer price about £2 cheaper.

I've fitted identical looking ones from Screwfix. I have to say the cable termination was a right *****. Perhaps that's why the one's Kerch has seen are supplied with a flex already attached to make life easier (in some cases)

Just guessing.

I have found if you use White the 10W is around the equivalent to 110W, the 20W - 175W. Over that the physical sizes go up and a 30W in W White I fitted about 18 months ago was pants, I recon about 60W but they have got so much better now

I had a 150W on the shed and light output from the 10W is similar.

The 20W I have no frame of reference but it's a better quality, more natural light. Halogen tends to be quite yellow.